Im sure i over paid! But tell me what you guys think about this ebay purchase!

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ebay came today and just look at what this dude threw on top of yhe bag of fingers ( feels like way more than 2.5 itself) I feel like I owe this dude more money!!!

Attachments

• 16846158478476755654422297998018.jpg
    16846158478476755654422297998018.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 3
The pinless CPU's aren't worth doing by themselves. Remove the heat sink and resistors and you can throw the fiber board with the gold pads in with your fingers.

Some of those yellow squares could have good MLCC's inside. They are sometimes in different colors as well.
KIMG3809~2.JPGKIMG3808~2.JPG

Ugh!! I had a major boilover when I was precipating!! I'm so pissed at myself!! It's all good though, I think I only lost a little

Been there done that.

Back in the day, I was doing a cat and added way too much nitric when the solution was cold. Once it heated up it started to get out of control. I was desperately stirring/spraying...stirring/spraying and managed to hold my ground for 15-20 seconds, until my spray bottle ran out of water...I lost the battle.

Note to self: keep the spray bottles full.

I can't seem to get my gold to melt hot enough to form into a button! I'm using a propane torch and a makeshift melt dish. I think I just answered my own question

You need to retain the heat.
This is my cheap propane set up to melt small amounts of gold and silver.

Its made of aerated concrete with a fire brick tile as a base. The aerated concrete does burn up and hates borax so i put this halved brick in the bottom.
A new piece of concrete costs me 1.5 euro and makes two new center pieces. The top and bottom parts live a lot longer.

5 grams of gold melts in 10 min.

Martijn.

Back