In a old Office

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magagna

Hi friends, today in a old office I found these electronics parts.
Do you know if in these calculators there is some PM. It doesn't seem to me , but in some switches under the keyboard it seems to be silver.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    898 KB
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    639.9 KB
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    648.8 KB
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    575.9 KB
Don't know, you have the part, just test it. Then you could tell us.

Göran

g_axelsson said:
Don't know, you have the part, just test it. Then you could tell us.

Göran
Ok. Now I will learn to test the silver. To use search button :lol:

Do you think this IBM PS/1 with original keyboard and mouse would have a sentimental value to someone?

Attachments

• WP_20150122_12_44_40_Pro(1).jpg
    WP_20150122_12_44_40_Pro(1).jpg
    175.8 KB
MarcoP said:
Do you think this IBM PS/1 with original keyboard and mouse would have a sentimental value to someone?
I don't know Marco. The other objet is Like mine? Without pm scrap......

There are no (at least to my knowledge) electronic devices without precious metals. If there is single IC, there is gold. Exception are some ceramic ICs with aluminium bonding wires. Even in most transistors there are gold wires, also LEDs. Capacitors often contain silver, also relays, keys...

Magagna said:
MarcoP said:
I don't know Marco. The other objet is Like mine? Without pm scrap......
The Olivetti calculator has already found a buyer, that's the third one I found and the other two were manual. Sold one, kept the other one ;)

I was just wondering if it was worth to check and clean to IBM for resale, today I also got an old Olivetti with 3.5" disk, an Amiga, kilos of MBs, Various PCI cards, two brand new Pentium processors and much more. Offering my self to clean an old office of a friend of mine turned out to be interesting.

those old IBM keyboards may have gold plated metal connectors under the keys.

i would try to test it & resell first. and if those pentium processors are vintage & new in box, sell those too

Tomorrow I'll post a photo with more details from motherboard calculators. Are there people who would buy these calculators? In eBay Marco?

Magagna said:
Tomorrow I'll post a photo with more details from motherboard calculators. Are there people who would buy these calculators? In eBay Marco?
Maybe, after a nice clean up and making sure they work it may be possible.

MarcoP said:

Looks like a model M to me, those keyboards have switches instead of rubber dome. if its in working condition you can get like $40 or more.

byte-tech said:
MarcoP said:

Looks like a model M to me, those keyboards have switches instead of rubber dome. if its in working condition you can get like $40 or more.
From the sounds of the key-down it does seems it does have switches, as soon we finish sorting things out I'll plug it in and give it a try, thank you!

To determine the value on eBay do an Advanced Search, click the box for Sold Listings and you'll see what has sold in the last thirty days. You'll get an idea of what to expect if you list an item. My general rule is, if I can't make at least $10.00 on something it's not worth the time to take pictures, create listing, box, print label, take to USPS or UPS to ship it.

Some of those "clicky" keyboards go for decent money. There are very specific model numbers that are sought after.

never would have guessed. i am keeping these from now on !!

http://www.ebay.ca/sch/Keyboards-Mice-Pointing-/3676/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=clicky+keyboard&_sop=16

necromancer, me too!
All this is giving a new meaning to this hobby, italian market is quite different and I'm thinking to keep it for now till I found the right monitor to, probably, sell in block.

necromancer said:
never would have guessed. i am keeping these from now on !!

http://www.ebay.ca/sch/Keyboards-Mice-Pointing-/3676/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=clicky+keyboard&_sop=16
That's incredible! Here there could be a gold mine. Today I found these and from what I read on the forum and seen on ebay some could be very precious

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.4 KB
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.1 KB
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.6 KB
Nice batch of CPUs! Be aware of the difference between, respectively, overpriced items in eBay, collectors value and PMs recovery...

Your Christmas came late but it surely came!

Latest posts

Back