inhibited sulfuric to make nitric?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pulceman

im trying to make some nitric and only have "inhibited sulfuric acid". Im not sure EXACTLY what the diffrerences between the two are but i'd like to know how and if i can remove the "inhibitors" and use this to make nitric...

I don't know of any way to remove the inhibitors, which are probably an unlisted additive. The additives are there to limit the temperature that the acid can produce, therefore protecting drain pipes from excessive heat (drain cleaner). You would be better off purchasing the correct chemicals if you want a good result. Ace hardware carries an excellent product for our use. Just my opinion.

sulfuric acid is used to produce nitric acid. it's used to make the most concentrated nitric acid a home chemist can make.

look up NurdRage on you tube, I have tried all three methodes they use to make nitric, I use the second one, I try to stay away from sulfuric as much as possible but have used the third methode in the vide to produce nitric wich does use sulfuric, which works quite well if you have the patience to do it and the equipment, also I have seen and read a few things about using a little bit of 35% hydrogen peroxide adding it to the "dirty" sulfuric and with the addition of a little bit of heat over time will clear up the acid, havent tested it myself but it is worth for research if you really need to clean the acid up for your purpose

Latest posts

Back