• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Instrested??? Anyone in scrap jewelry or US coins

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixie

Dave or others.
I has been over a year since I have sold any gold so I have been pilling it up as the price has been rising.

I did in the past sell to a company in the midwest called "Midstates" They at that time bought gold and did not charge a refining fee. If it was marked and was real you was paid by this math.

10K was .0197 x spot x dwt = total
14k was .0272 x spot x dwt = total
18k was .0450 x spot x dwt = total
I think this figgures about 94.5%

I have since lost their url via a computer crash and cannot find thier business card anywhere.

Last week somone offered me these number for a face to face trade for cash, but I would prefere to get a little closer to the table above.
10k .0190 x spot x dwt
14k .0265 x spot x dwt

I do not have any 18k at this time but I have about 3500 dwt of 10 and 14, about a 70/30 split.

I also have about $500 in face value of 90% US coins that I would sell at 10x face if any one is intrested.

I also have about 80 carats of small diamonds .02-.15 in size for $100 per carat for the larger stones or $50 per carat for the whole lot.

Finialy I have sereral hundred lobster claw clasps in 10 and 14, as well as connector rings, I will sell these for a premiumn over melt value.

I will sell this is small lots as long as the buyer is paying the postage and I will only sell to a US address. I do not want to get caught up in shipping outside the country.

If anyone is intrested I will be happy tp provide you with my contact information as well as myonline auction id's. I have been with eBay since before they went public and have a 100% positive feedback rateing there of 328. I also have a 100% feedback rateing at gunbroker and auctionarms.

Thanks
Mike

dixie said:
I will sell this is small lots as long as the buyer is paying the postage and I will only sell to a US address. I do not want to get caught up in shipping outside the country.

:roll:

I have since lost their url via a computer crash and cannot find thier business card anywhere.

http://www.midwestrefineries.com/

I think this is the company that you are looking for.

You'd do better to put it all on ebay.

Unless you're wanting to make some good friends here :)

Thanks, That was the site. It figgures about 94.5 % on small lots. I see that they pay 98.5% on large lots. I would have close to that amount but then you are in the catagory of reporting the transaction to the IRS.

I'm open to listening to any reasonable offers that anyone would like to make. eBay fees of 4% that either the seller or buyer has to eat one way or another makes no sense.

I'm sure that some of you have done the math before. What does it really cost to process 10k and 14k scrap jewlery?

Mike

I don't process it anymore, as there's no money in it (for karat gold) when various refiners will buy karat jewelery. If I process any gold, it is already 99.99% pure and is meant for further upgrading or it is dental gold and I go after the PGMs as well. I mainly work with platinum group metals though...

Back