Intel pentium wire

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanksyou
I have 10 pentium like the photo and i see all of then have Aluminium wire.
MY cuestión is.
All pentium like photo have aluminium wire?

Or not all?

Besar regard

Are you using a jewelers loop? You should look at it in sunlight with some magnification. Even the wires are hard to sort out in artificial light.

Helo all again

Please Geo and goldsilverpro
All Intel pentium like photo have aluminium wire?
I need know.
Thanks you
Best regard

amt said:
Helo all again

Please Geo and goldsilverpro
All Intel pentium like photo have aluminium wire?
I need know.
Thanks you
Best regard
I doubt if anyone could answer that question. My company used to recondition 50,000 IC packages a week, mostly for Intel. There was a mix of both Al and Au wire bonding. I think this was dependent of what their customers wanted to pay for. That was a long time ago and maybe things have changed. Even if their present policy is to only use only one metal (which I would strongly doubt), there is still Intel scrap out there from the '70's and every year in between.

Gold bonding wire is worth from $0.0045 to $0.009 per inch, depending on the wire diameter. This is based on a troy oz of wire being either 2 miles or 4 miles in length - .001" dia or .0007" dia.

The make up of any particular processor can change from one package to another. That's why accurate yield data on this type of scrap is so so hard to obtain. The same company that makes processors with one type of bonding wires made processors with the other type as well. Like GSP said, it is based on their costumers specs. In my opinion, it is counter productive to try and look for gold bonding wires specifically. You should assume that they are all aluminum wires and buy them accordingly or assume that they are all gold and sell them accordingly. If you are going to process them, assume they are all gold.

Latest posts

Back