INTERESTING

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kole55

Hello everyone. I do not do often but I remember regularly new posts and read old and I was interested. E like this: I had some gold dust (perhaps 0.3 g) is kept in a glass with a little water. Yesterday I did a 100 fingers with HCl / Cl method. (previously fingers processed using the standard method in AP, washed, and then the HCl / Cl). E then experiment: I added gold dust (0.3 g) in a gold chloride, then added the SMB. All is well, but now that strange: I gilded my plastic with which the stirred solution. And before I always use the same plastic but I was never so far managed to gild. Any comment.

Attachments

• Fotografija-0003.jpg
    Fotografija-0003.jpg
    37.5 KB
  • Fotografija-0004.jpg
    Fotografija-0004.jpg
    39.1 KB
  • Fotografija-0005.jpg
    Fotografija-0005.jpg
    41.7 KB
  • Fotografija-0006.jpg
    Fotografija-0006.jpg
    45.2 KB
I've had that happened, and I just make a bit of HCl/Cl and stir; the gold is dissolved. Sometimes, when I have an AR process going, I use it to stir the AR and it "cleans" the the stirrer...

Phil

Hello kole55. I understand that this can happen for several reasons. One is that the surface of your stick can become worn and porous, trapping values.

Another is if you had used the stick to stir a solution full of base metals, it would leave traces of them on the stick even after being wiped off. Those traces could then reduce values that cement to the stick.

Another has to do with the negative pressure created around the stick while stirring during the drop. I still need to study on that one some more.

Whatever the reason do as phildreamer suggested or wipe it off with a tissue and add to the melt, or put in with used filters to recover later.

Ben

UncleBenBen said:
Hello kole55. I understand that this can happen for several reasons. One is that the surface of your stick can become worn and porous, trapping values.

Another is if you had used the stick to stir a solution full of base metals, it would leave traces of them on the stick even after being wiped off. Those traces could then reduce values that cement to the stick.

Another has to do with the negative pressure created around the stick while stirring during the drop. I still need to study on that one some more.

Whatever the reason do as phildreamer suggested or wipe it off with a tissue and add to the melt, or put in with used filters to recover later.

Ben
thank you guys for your feedback. I think this is the first, because it is using for a long time. not a problem to take some gold with sticks. hahahha likely I'm going to leave it as it is, really nice looking. Cheers!

Latest posts

Back