Is Red Good?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burningsuntech

In my recovery sessions (nope. not nuts yet.) I have noticed that when there is a heavy layer of gold on an object, circuitboard, or plated parts, that the gold looked like it was reddish in color. Also, the batches I run from the red looking gold seem to produce more than those that cast more yellow. I seem to remember one of the guys mentioning that the color of gold in sunlight will cast red? Am I onto something or just misinformed? Thanks for the replies in advance.
Sam K.

Generally the more bright the plating the less gold there is and vice versa the duller and flatter the colour the more heavily played it is.

Pat,
Right! a deeper color of yellow. As opposed to the color of the fingers on memory sticks these days which appear lighter or more washed out. Thanks!

Nick,
Yeah! Thats what I have been finding out too.
I have some shiney gold plated UHF connectors to process by deplating but my expectations are not the same as they were for some of the deeper colored ones I recently ran.

I'm sorry that I don't have any good numbers on my batches. I was more interested in getting results on my reading and learning rather than accuracy of how much my work yielded. I will endeavor to do better with my tracking and notes in the future.

Thanks for the reply guys and thanks for the link to your e-book, Pat.

Latest posts

Back