ISO 16112

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oz

Just wondering if someone here has access to ISO 16112. If so I would greatly appreciate a copy if one could be passed on to me.

Thank you for your time.

Thanks for the try Gill as I had not tried that, but below is what I got.

I found I am in need of reading the fine lines and cross references within this standard as to gray iron, ductile iron, and compacted graphite iron. It is the distribution and form of the graphite that is the principle issue, falling within the cross reference standard is nice but secondary.

Attachments

• ISO.JPG
    ISO.JPG
    29 KB
Oz said:
Thanks for the try Gill as I had not tried that, but below is what I got.

I found I am in need of reading the fine lines and cross references within this standard as to gray iron, ductile iron, and compacted graphite iron. It is the distribution and form of the graphite that is the principle issue, falling within the cross reference standard is nice but secondary.

Try this link http://tinyurl.com/235oal5

Oz CGI at modern Casting. http://tinyurl.com/23zd5ch

Online Associates http://onlineassociate.net/pdf/compacted-graphite-cast-iron/

Loads of info on CGI http://tinyurl.com/2brbejz

I really appreciate the trouble you are going to on my behalf and perhaps I should have been more clear in my request. It is the ISO standard itself I must read with its cross references to the standard. I read all of the sublinks on your first reply, and read the titles and sublinks in your second reply.

It is not the differences between the materials I need to learn as I have spent much time researching and am familiar with the different cast irons and the graphite configurations within their matrix, pros and cons for my application. Perhaps I am being a bit too particular but I am searching in great detail as to the best material for bar molds I will be machining. Material cost of the proper iron is secondary in my decision making process as these will be molds made to last a lifetime of use.

I had hoped someone here had a subscription to the academia publications I need to read that are cost prohibitive to me.

Oz said:
I really appreciate the trouble you are going to on my behalf and perhaps I should have been more clear in my request. It is the ISO standard itself I must read with its cross references to the standard. I read all of the sublinks on your first reply, and read the titles and sublinks in your second reply.

It is not the differences between the materials I need to learn as I have spent much time researching and am familiar with the different cast irons and the graphite configurations within their matrix, pros and cons for my application. Perhaps I am being a bit too particular but I am searching in great detail as to the best material for bar molds I will be machining. Material cost of the proper iron is secondary in my decision making process as these will be molds made to last a lifetime of use.

I had hoped someone here had a subscription to the academia publications I need to read that are cost prohibitive to me.

CGI has excellent strength, machine-ability and good thermal conductivity, what more could you ask for.

Friggin Google [Bot]

I just deleted my last post.

Every time this evening I have written on this thread (or edited my reply before you have read it) the Bot is at the bottom of the page reading and cataloging. I like helping the forum and do not mind going into details like this if the membership can find benefit in my words. But I am not teaching a damn Bot for the WWW.

E-mail me privately. I cut,copy,and saved it for you.

That document along with discussions I have had with Harold and Chris is what had lead me to the 15 degree draft I have been using for my anode molds for the last year. You will note that the ISO standard I wish to read is incorporated in your PDF by the LBMA. I have read the preface of this standard (I still have not found a complete copy) that indicates a cross reference that is within the ISO 16112 that is inclusive of some ductile irons.

Latest posts

Back