Issues with GEO

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, you pointed this to me?
It's for the general membership. You've been reminding members that when we need to be wary of some member whose business practices leave a lot to be desired, give others the facts in a professional way, leave personal vitriol out of it. As a buyer, always be a healthy skeptic. I agree. But, when such a member is called out by another member for abusive business practices with evidence, what is the group moderator required to do? I am asking since it is very possible such an abuser may hop from one forum to another to continue to operate in forums with not yet wary audiences?

It's for the general membership. You've been reminding members that when we need to be wary of some member whose business practices leave a lot to be desired, give others the facts in a professional way, leave personal vitriol out of it. As a buyer, always be a healthy skeptic. I agree. But, when such a member is called out by another member for abusive business practices with evidence, what is the group moderator required to do? I am asking since it is very possible such an abuser may hop from one forum to another to continue to operate in forums with not yet wary audiences?
Yes but this was still at a limbo, and we had only one side of the situation.
It now seems it may be cleared.

Hi
I did not want to deal with this refine, that is true. You would not, or could not understand what I was trying to say. I could have had the refine complete several times over by now. My wife of 36 years had just passed away on July 16 2022. I was trying to tell you that I was very busy and you were asking me questions that only had one answer. How long would it take for me to do that much material, which metals did I refine. Specific questions after I said I was stopping refining. You asked about your material (as if that was different) specifically as far as : could I, how long, how much? I told you I had prior obligations, and you went back to your material. I told you I could not do the refine and asked for shipping labels to send the material back. You needed some very specific information. Such as weights of the different material. This you should have had as you are the one who sent it to begin with and have been kind enough to post it a couple of times on the forum. Add the weights together and send a label for that much. Brake it down into as many as you need to, to equal that amount. I would send you your material. I've never taken anything that wasn't mine. I didn't contact you and ask if I could refine your scrap. YOU came to me and asked me to refine for you. I am not a refining company. I am a hobbyist. That's all I am and all I have ever claimed to be. I've heard that you are kind of angry and have been saying some very bad things about me. Let me ask you, have I ever said or even acted as though I would not give your material back? Ever?
This is the last thing I will say to you about it. There was a time when I would have went into my pocket to make sure you were satisfied. But not now. Send me the labels and I will get it boxed up as soon as I have the free time and sent out. You are also welcome to come here and pick it up personally. I will not give it to an agent. You should come yourself so we can shake hands to show there was no ill will intended.
Hi Geo
To avoid any further delay i would ask you to box the materials go to one of the shipping company to get a quote and if you have Zelle , i will immediately send you the amount and then problem solved
once again thanks
regards
Poudouche

Hi

Hi Geo
To avoid any further delay i would ask you to box the materials go to one of the shipping company to get a quote and if you have Zelle , i will immediately send you the amount and then problem solved
once again thanks
regards
Poudouche
This may be better served as PMs.

Rough guess off the top of my head, that's around what, 3500 dollars worth of scrap at current boardsort values. At that cash amount, I'm pretty sure that's felony theft right there. To be honest, this is one of the very top reasons that I don't send scrap out to refine. I have found it much easier to just sell the cleaned and sorted materials to the highest bidder, let them worry about refining, etc. Yeah, it's a little less profit in the end, but so well worth it. In all the millions of pounds of computer equipment we have scrapped in the last 30 years, I can only think of one time we had anything toll refined, and that material was the "fuzzy springs" type connectors off Sunn CPU's. And to be honest, while that toll refine went 100% perfect, the only reason we did it was to help the fourm confirm the fantastic yield numbers that a member claimed he was getting from them. Turns out, he was 100% correct too!

Rough guess off the top of my head, that's around what, 3500 dollars worth of scrap at current boardsort values. At that cash amount, I'm pretty sure that's felony theft right there.

I am not sure if the courts would view it as felony theft (or not) but for sure breach of contract - private person to person verbal agreements are viewed no different then actual business paper contracts by the courts (so - but I only do this as a hobby is no excuse)

I am SURE if poudouche had to take it to court the courts would rule in favor of poudouche wherein GEO would have to ether have to pay poudouche full value of the material - or return material & do so at GEOs expense as well as other expenses incurred by poudouche (such as court cost etc.)

Further more - such a case (poudouche VS GEO) could result in the state &/or county opening a case against GEO for operating a business without license/permits --- but I just do this as a hobby is no excuse - once you take on work/jobs for other people you are a business & the government takes a VERY dim view of people trying to operate a business "under the table" - they (the government) want their license/permit fees & records of expenses/income

As well - due to the toxic nature of this (refining) it could open the door to violations of local/state & federal EPA regulations (which could get VERY expensive)

I am not saying all of this would happen - but it most certainly could happen - if it comes to a point where poudouche has no choice but to take it to court to recover his material

IMO - poudouche is being VERY GENEROUS in trying to resolve this issue outside of taking this to court - including poudouches willingness to pay the return shipping - there is absolutely no question the courts would make GEO pay that return shipping (& possibly lead to "other" legal problems)
I did not want to deal with this refine, that is true.
Geo - it may be true that you did not really want to do this refine - but the other "truth" here is that you in fact did decide to do it anyway - otherwise you would not have agreed to give poudouche your address for him to send his material to you

I am sorry GEO - but once you allowed poudouche to send you the material - you entered into a contract with him - you have now defaulted on that contract & even admit to it
I could have had the refine complete several times over by now.

But you haven't & now admit that you have no intent to - it is now your responsibility to get the material back to him & do so under his condition - which is to send the material to boardsort - which he is willing to pay the shipping on (to avoid his needing to pay 3 times shipping)

That is a VERY GENEROUS offer by poudouche - considering he could just take you to court which would most certainly result in the court telling you to return the material at your expense as well as pay other expenses incurred by poudouche - & possibly open the door to you for other legal problems

Kurt

Perhaps adding "Resolved" or similar to the header will bring complete closure.

Per the bold print - I am sorry but this has not yet been resolved - poudpuche has made some VERY GENEROUS offers for resolving it - but GEO has not yet agreed to any of those offers &/or proposed any alternatives to resolving this

GEO sending the material to boardsort - poudouche paying the shipping - boardsort paying poudouche for the material - is the best resolution to this mater

Until that happens - it IS NOT resolved

Kurt

May I respectfully request that everyone give poudouche and Geo a little time to wrap this up?

Yes, it has been a long time since poudouche originally sent his material to Geo. Obviously there was a lack of communication. But now, since Geo posted just yesterday and poudouche has agreed to pay shipping to get the material returned, there have been another 24 posts! Let's give them a little space to work this out instead of continuing to fan the flames.

And Kurt, I haven't seen anywhere that poudouche has requested the material be sent to boardsort. I think you suggested it, but as far as I know, poudouche has not asked to have that done. Let's let them work this out.

Dave

My condolences about your wife Geo... It seems like it was yesterday that I posted about my beautiful wife passing away...

Be grateful that you found joy with her for 36 years... My marriage only lasted 35 months then I had to watch her die.
My condolences to you too.
Loss is sadly a part of life, and most of us struggle to get our drive and directions in focus again after.

Hi Dave
May I respectfully request that everyone give poudouche and Geo a little time to wrap this up?

Yes, it has been a long time since poudouche originally sent his material to Geo. Obviously there was a lack of communication. But now, since Geo posted just yesterday and poudouche has agreed to pay shipping to get the material returned, there have been another 24 posts! Let's give them a little space to work this out instead of continuing to fan the flames.

And Kurt, I haven't seen anywhere that poudouche has requested the material be sent to boardsort. I think you suggested it, but as far as I know, poudouche has not asked to have that done. Let's let them work this out.

Dave

how much time you think should be reasonable
Regards
Poudouche

My condolences about your wife Geo... It seems like it was yesterday that I posted about my beautiful wife passing away...

Be grateful that you found joy with her for 36 years... My marriage only lasted 35 months then I had to watch her die.
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family
regards
Poudouche

And Kurt, I haven't seen anywhere that poudouche has requested the material be sent to boardsort. I think you suggested it, but as far as I know, poudouche has not asked to have that done

Going back over what poudouche posted you are right

Poudouche posted -------
To avoid any further delay i would ask you to box the materials go to one of the shipping company to get a quote

Per the bold print - when I first read that somehow my brain did not register "shipping" & only saw "company" & thought boardsort was the "company" - (likely because I had not yet finished my first cup of coffee - which is how I start my morning - coffee & GRF) ;):D

So you are right & thank you for pointing that out

Kurt

Poudouche, I would hope that Geo can get your stuff boxed and ready this week, but I don't know what else he may have on his plate.

Thanks Kurt. I just didn't want us to confuse things any more.

Dave

Thanks for the well wishes, I wasnt attempting to steal any thunder here... I just know how hard it is to lose someone who basically constitutes your life... And Geo experienced it recently, so yeah... I got you Geo if you wish to talk sometime.

I know I could talk about things... My girl of 3 years walked out on me and inappropriately used the police during the event just two days ago, insinuating a domestic violence situation which truly blew my mind... She has anxiety and other mental issues she takes meds for that she was out of for two days...

But irregardless, she's not stupid, and she is spiteful... So there it is there. I'm going to stop making excuses for someone who I feel actually attempted to victimize me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back