Ive Read Hoke...still have a question.

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meh1

ok...its been awhile since I last posted..thanks for pointing me in the direction of the book by CM Hoke..so here is the situation..I would like to get away from using nitric acid if at all possible..ive done some research on sulfuric acid and hydrochloric acid..between the two I can eat through a board leaving gold flakes..its a messy process to say the least..and im only trying it on small pieces of cell phone boards..just to see what i come up with..my question is this..is there a process that has a decent yield that does not involve nitric acid?..perhaps chlorine to dissolve the gold?...i understand this is perhaps a dumb question..but if anyone could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated..I do not mind reading so if you could maybe link to and old post that i might have missed or another book on the subject..Im just wondering if there is a way to recover gold with out using the AR system..Thanks for your time..regards -Meh :|

Meh1,

Take look at the general reaction list, and the forum handbook, acid peroxide (copper chloride leach) uses HCl and 3% hydrogen peroxide (or air bubbled into solution) this leach is great to use to dissolve copper, I find it a very useful tool, and gold can be dissolved using HCl and bleach.

You will find many posts discussing these methods.

Also since you have read up in Hokes book then you should see how tin in solution becomes a big mess and a real problem, you can also see how important it is to remove the base metals before dissolving the gold.

Laser Steve’s web site is also a great resource for learning the alternative methods, he has free documents and free video's, he also sells some well made videos that are very useful, and some supplies to help members out.

Latest posts

Back