Just Finished my FIRST ever GOLD BAR 1.025 Troy Ounce

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Barrenrealms007, How did you make out with the 180 gallons of cement solution? I would hope you got a few grams from that volume of liquid.

glondor said:
Hey Barrenrealms007, How did you make out with the 180 gallons of cement solution? I would hope you got a few grams from that volume of liquid.

Pulled a little over 2 oz of gold out of solution that had already been dropped and still showing small positive test for PM's mostly Palladium with a small trace of gold still. I've got some copper powder to dry out that I am going to add to the solution soon and get to a gegative test for PM's.

Pulled a little over 2 oz of gold out of solution

That's not bad. Considering half of the waste was rinse water and a gallon of aqua regia digests 28 ounces of metal on average, you dissolved about 2520 ounces of metal (if the acid was saturated) and lost 2 ounces of gold. That's only 0.079%.

See it pays to cement with copper.

Good job.

4metals said:
Pulled a little over 2 oz of gold out of solution

That's not bad. Considering half of the waste was rinse water and a gallon of aqua regia digests 28 ounces of metal on average, you dissolved about 2520 ounces of metal (if the acid was saturated) and lost 2 ounces of gold. That's only 0.079%.

See it pays to cement with copper.

Good job.

Yea, and even with cementing it onto copper for days and recovering this. I am still showing positive test for Palladium and slightly postive for Gold. I am going to use some copper powder I have to dry out and I am going to try and cement the rest out with this.

I am glad I have saved all my solutions. That is a fantastic recovery from what many would consider waste. Bet that put a smile on your face.

Latest posts

Back