Just so I'm clear...

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zamistro

I do not need to neutralize Acid/bleach before SMB. I do need to neutralize AR before SMB. Sould I add urea to AP before using SMB? I believe some of my gold went into solution.

HCl-Cl should be heated for an hour to drive off the excess chlorine after all the gold is dissolved. It should then be filtered until 100% free of sediment and cloudiness. Finally add SMB.

AR should be filtered free of sediment then evaporated down to a syrup like consistency three times, adding HCl to rehydrate it each time. Add the SMB after you complete this process.

AP should be used until the color changes dark brown or black. This will insure there is no dissolved gold in the solution. SMB and Urea is not required for AP.

Steve

Thanks Steve. It is possible at all for AP to take gold into solution? If so, what then?

Yes AP will dissolve gold if you add too much peroxide.

This is easily remedied by continuing to use the AP until it is saturated with copper. The gold will then precipitate out as a fine black or brown powder and is collected with the foil mash.

Steve

Latest posts

Back