Just want to ask a question, I'm curious about?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandon/kelly

When i watch some these tutorials like on sams site when it says add chunks zinc. Would 98% - 99% zinc powder work the same as a piece of zinc?

Brandon/kelly said:
When i watch some these tutorials like on sams site when it says add chunks zinc. Would 98% - 99% zinc powder work the same as a piece of zinc?

With powder you have to worry about Cab-o-sil that is added to the powder.
The searchbox will tell you more.

http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=14856&p=149715&hilit=cabosil#p149715

Jim

We use zinc chunks or pieces instead of powder also because zinc powder is very reactive and will cause a foam over compared to turnings or larger pieces.

agreed. powders tend to fuse together when added to a liquid preventing the liquid from reaching all your powder. only thing i could suggest is to agitate the water while you slowly add your powder

Thank you palladium, SBrown,and Drowningbodacius!

Thats why I wanted to ask you more experienced ones, because I honestly did'nt know if there was a difference! One the main reasons I asked is I was watching some tutourials on your site Palladium, and Sams site as well. I was watching MMC video Sam has, as well as the video you have on it Palladium I have a few pounds these things with plenty more on other material that has never been removed yet. I noticed how Sam does his totaly different than your way Palladium, and in Sams I seen he used zinc so thats why I wondered about the Powdered zinc that everyone is selling so cheap.

To me it seems your way of doing them Palladium with the AP leach is alot easier than Sams way, but I don't know 1st hand for sure. Does anyone know for sure which is better, and if both will give the same yield? Is there any advantage from one to the other?

I did a batch of ceramic cpu's early the other day exactly as Sam has in his video evrything went sweet just like in his video no problems. I started the gold drop early this morning before leaving for work I am waiting on all the gold to finish dropping now as it's only been dropping for about 10 - 11 hours. The bottom is covered very nicely with black powder as video says so when finished dropping I'll get see how much is actually there.

I THANK all you guys/gals here for all your doing its great I love this place!

Latest posts

Back