just wondering

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drowningbodacius

well i was reading my copy of hokes book but for some reason it got corrupted so i decided to ask you all
I have 4g of gold and i want to use the HCL/CL method to dissolve and drop the gold, will there be a loss of gold from using this mehod or will i drop 4g of gold when i add my SMB
the reason i ask is this will be my first time using the hcl/cl method

Is it pure gold powder of foil? - must me finely divided or foil gold to have a good dissolution of gold.

Or is it 4g of gold in other metal?- HCl bleach won't work well or at all if you have chunks of metal to dissolve. Especially lots of base metals or silver.

If you have .999 gold powder and add Hcl/bleach drive off the Cl gass then precipitate it will give you your 4g back with minimal losses. remember that when you do smaller batches you have a higher % of loss.

the Hcl/bleach method is not a recovery method it is for refining

Eric

Yeah sorry about not being more clear. My au is comprised of fools from CPU pins and ram fingers free of all base metals I was going to save up more au till I had about ten grams but I just wanted to know if there would be a loss in my au during the HCL/cl refining process. All of my ay has been washed three times in HCL and three times in water so I should have pure or atleast .9 % pure

Latest posts

Back