Latest leaching methods

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kjavanb123

Ok

what is the latest techniques to remove gold from the ore? I have heard Bismuth heated will just drop the gold once the ore is inside of it. Also someone told me about Fereon gas ( used in refrigrators ) can do the same with grind gold ore.

Thanks

KJ123: I read somewhere that bismuth can be substitued for mercury and asked around the forum, but nobody got back to me. As for Freon, when it is heated ( I bellieve to around 350 degrees F, it produces phosgene, which is a very deadly gas. So do some homework before you are gassed out of existence and put out some questions on the forum. An awful lot of knowledge out there. EVO

I met the widow once, of a guy that died from breathing freon gas that was burned in a leak detector.
This was long ago so it was most likely R12 or R22. But I am not sure just what refrigerant it was.
Randy

I once knew an HVAC service tech who made himself very sick from smoking a cigar wile venting freon.
Took years to figure out why he had sore throat, chest pains and headaches all the time.
Freon through a flame is how nerve gas (phosgene) is derived.
He died some 30 years ago of gastrointestional cancer.
Back then freon was vented to atmosphere and recovery was unherd of. He always liked a good cigar.

Ray

Phosgene is a choking agent and not a nerve agent. It can also be accidentally produced in the home, or refinery, by mixing bleach and ammonia. Nerve agents are the G series, such as Tabun or Sarin, or the V series, such as VX.

Hello folks. newbee here. As an HVAC tech for 30 plus years I can tell you that freon is very iritating when burnt. Both in smell and to some people when the fumes come in contact with their skin. It is a very dangerous subtance. More than one child has been killed because dad decides to blow up an air matress with freon and for diffrent reasons the child inhales it. Keep a close check on you kids and your A/C now days kids like to take the safety caps off the access ports and let the freon out and sniff it.

I also have a masters liscense in Plumbing and if your wife pours bleach down a drain that is stopped up DO NOT pour a drain acid down the drain with the bleach it will produce a very strong clorine gas.

Possibly I can add on electrical parts of the forum with more experience, I also have a master electrical license.

GLTA

Back