Lazer Steve: "Why AP for Gold Foils?"

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steve,

No problem, I appreciate your input on this topic. I figured cost and safety would be big issues, I just felt simplicity was a factor as well. I was unaware of the metastannic acid you mentioned. I believe this to be the same gel I combatted once, due to poor housekeeping.

As for the demonstartion, I think you know the answer to this, everyone loves your informative videos. LOL

"LeaveMeAlone" Thanks for the advice, I have been anticipating Pool seasons coming soon LOL. I have seen retail stores though putting dedicated cameras to pool sections. I think we should all be more scared of Russia selling off some Nuclear subs for their light bills, but I am no expert on homeland security. LOL

Shyknee, I agree 100% :')

Gold1961, AR? I believe you will have a hard time keeping gold in solution if you only use AR. I believe that is the point of this forum, most people are lead here with hopes of poor mans AR reaping 100% recovery of gold from E-Crap , only to wind up with a batch of "witches brew" , no gold, and 5000 more questions than they started with. LOL No offense, but AR is mainly for final refining processes or Platinum.

Thanks again all for your input. You have opened many doors for all us newbies, and peaked interests for new topics "I'm sure" with the retort comments and such. "Still brain-buzzed from Steve's electrolysis with Cu nitrate " Can I ask what is the acid proof cloth is? Some inorganic material, perhaps fiberglass or asbestos? I'm still digesting it all LOL, be gentle.

Thanks again,
Nick

Gold1961,

Because you are new to the forum I have no idea as to your proficiency in refining, you may be smarter than any of us. You had asked for feedback and did not like what you received.

Your strategy of name calling only disrupts the forum with useless non-information. You will find it is not tolerated.

May I suggest that instead if you feel your technique of using AR on electronic scrap is superior to the methods being employed by other forum members that you outline your procedure in detail?

Tell us the type of scrap you are starting with and walk us through step by step to your finished product of .9995 gold.

I think most here see many problems in using AR as a starting procedure on electronics. Show us how you have overcome the pitfalls.

gold1961 said:
Harold_V said:
gold1961 said:
AR.......nuke it all...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feed back

Feedback?
Smart people don't "nuke it all". That creates more problems than many can answer.

Smart people use the AR system step by step and get the gold they are looking for.........

Smart Ass's comment the way you do :idea: .........

Keith

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Attachments

• 421055142-thumb_BoxingCat.gif
    421055142-thumb_BoxingCat.gif
    32.5 KB · Views: 349
leavemealone said:
As for HCL being readily available at any hardware store, I have tried many big and small name stores in my area and have had little luck

There is a local pool supply store near me called "pinch-a-penny" and I get it from there for around $4.50 a gallon.I used to get it from lowes and home depot,both carry it in 2 gallon quantities for $10.Hope this helps.

Just to get back to the HCL for a minute. It's sold in the pool section at Home Depot and comes in a cardboard box that contains two one gallon bottles of HCL. Don't look for gallon jugs, they come boxed up. I haven't bought any lately but the $10 price sounds about right.

Steve

leavemealone said:
As for HCL being readily available at any hardware store, I have tried many big and small name stores in my area and have had little luck

There is a local pool supply store near me called "pinch-a-penny" and I get it from there for around $4.50 a gallon.I used to get it from lowes and home depot,both carry it in 2 gallon quantities for $10.Hope this helps.

Just to get back to the HCL for a minute. It's sold in the pool section at Home Depot and comes in a cardboard box that contains two one gallon bottles of HCL. Don't look for gallon jugs, they come boxed up. I haven't bought any lately but the $10 price sounds about right.

Steve

The muratic acid that is sold at home depot in the two one gallons is not as good a the pool supply. If I can remember correctly it is only about 8% and not the 30% from the pool supply. I tried some and it did not work very well. Works very slow. The pool supply that I get it from it is $4.23 per gallon. You also have a $1.00 deposit on the jug the first time. After that the jug is swapped out.

The Home Depot stores around me sell it off of a pallet containing 1 gallon jugs. It is stored outside in the fenced in garden center near the pool chemicals but it is not intended for pools as it is not diluted. Many may miss it as they are looking inside in the masonry section.

Hi all,

Just updateing an old post. I finally found some HCL. It was at a newer Lowes Store in the Paint department, by the acetone and paint thinners.
6.98 a gallon, but they asked for my phone number? Kinda strange, as I went through the self checkout, and could of put any number in I wanted to.

Thanks again all,
Nick

Attachments

• found HCL2.jpg
    found HCL2.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 242
Nick,
A lot of stores ask for your phone number or zipcode as a way to
track peoples shopping habits. I don't think it was because of what
you were buying. Lowes is where I have been getting mine, but am
still looking for a cheaper source, as I think that is too much.Especially
if you buy alot, I doubt Lowes will give you a bulk discount. Home Depot near me used to sell a two gallon box for about $7.50, but then they stopped selling it all together.
Jim

Thanks JimDoc,

I'm just happy to have found it, I have been looking at quite a few places, and have actually tried another Lowes before, and couldn't find any.

Good luck in your efforts to find it cheaper, maybe if you keep looking around like I did, you'll get lucky.

Thanks Again,
Nick

Latest posts

Back