LEACHING OF ANTIMONY-GOLD SLAGS

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

renatomerino

Hello friends:
I'm a slag leaching gold cyanide containing much antimony.
The analysis of the solution give 0.265 g / lt. 3grs/lt gold and antimony.
Antimony interferes with gold precipitation of zinc powder or the use of activated carbon.
I think you could help me by suggesting a way to precipitate the antimony before precipitating gold.
This theme is a great challenge............

I'm no expert on ores but could you remove the antimony before you leach the ore for the gold, antimony is a fairly unpleasant material to deal with and can kill you not to mention the cyanide which mixed together i would have thought is a very toxic mix of hazardous elements. I would be tempted to look at how they recover and refine antimony and adapt a process from that so that you only have the gold to recover from your cyanide leach and you don't have so much toxic waste to worry about.

Larger doses such as prolonged skin contact may cause dermatitis, or damage the kidneys and the liver, causing violent and frequent vomiting, leading to death in a few days.

Antimony is incompatible with strong oxidizing agents, strong acids, halogen acids, chlorine, or fluorine. It should be kept away from heat

Oral ingestion of a small quantity of solid cyanide or a cyanide solution as little as 200 mg, or to airborne cyanide of 270 ppm is sufficient to cause death within minutes

Dude I wouldn't mess with that at all not worth it

nickvc said:
I'm no expert on ores but could you remove the antimony before you leach the ore for the gold, antimony is a fairly unpleasant material to deal with and can kill you not to mention the cyanide which mixed together i would have thought is a very toxic mix of hazardous elements. I would be tempted to look at how they recover and refine antimony and adapt a process from that so that you only have the gold to recover from your cyanide leach and you don't have so much toxic waste to worry about.
Well antimony may initially precipitate the cyanide leach solutions as calcium antimonate similar to arsenic.
But I'm interested in finding other precipitation reactions ...

grance said:
Larger doses such as prolonged skin contact may cause dermatitis, or damage the kidneys and the liver, causing violent and frequent vomiting, leading to death in a few days.

Antimony is incompatible with strong oxidizing agents, strong acids, halogen acids, chlorine, or fluorine. It should be kept away from heat

Oral ingestion of a small quantity of solid cyanide or a cyanide solution as little as 200 mg, or to airborne cyanide of 270 ppm is sufficient to cause death within minutes

Dude I wouldn't mess with that at all not worth it
Cyanide management is a very specialized in mining, jewelry, pyrometallurgy, etc.

Latest posts

Back