leaching with cyanide.

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goldeneye

Dear members of this forum in order to greet them, introduce myself and as an introduction , I commented that five years ago , in the company of people concerned about the environment of our region began to develop the methods necessary to recycle and recover metals from equipment electronic waste . Despite the limited information available is very satisfactory progress has been made with regard to refining and leaching with acidic media , we are currently developing the alkaline leaching method with potassium cyanide , this with the help of a group of 2 engineers, metallurgists a chemical engineer and a geologist from our science museum and our state university. on the other hand we consult and 5 theses on the subject and countless related articles that talk about the management , measurement , destruction and use of cyanide in mining solutions and electronic recycling . Despite this , our results , although encouraging, we are still inadequate , mainly due to prolonged time, hazard and handling large volumes of water cyanide , so we would like and it would be helpful to have their views and experiences in this subject.

We think it is appropriate to publish our methods and results by the danger of handling these substances, however those more serious and experienced members gladly share our information.

Hello everyone and sorry for my bad English.

Welcome to the forum,

For my money, using cyanide on plated circuitry is a very cost effective method for stripping gold and silver from scrap. The dangers of cyanide cannot be over stated, it can be toxic, it requires careful processing to be neutralized, and if not treated properly it can contaminate water supplies to the detriment of the fish and people using that water. This is why we do not recommend its use on a forum where a good number of our members are hobbyists who do not have either the technical background or the hardware to treat it properly.

If you will list some of the parameters of your feedstock and details of the inadequacies you have experienced we can review your findings and hopefully shed some light on the process.

Latest posts

Back