learning the values of board IT board populations

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justme2

I am a disassembler of medium numbers of boards, mostly servers and tel com. Last year about 12000 lbs of boards, this year about 14000 so far. The question is where do or, who do I talk to to find out the content (values) of the population found on the boards. I of course know finger cards memory cpus etc. I also have a small number of co-op members I want to share this education with with.

The information would be of benefit to me and some members of this forum as it would be another source of PMs available to members here able to process them.

I would even send a sample on a card of the different mmlcs for identification if necessary. I have a couple of pounds I went out yesterday and today and removed from the boards.

As we all know the trend today with the manufacturers is more with less the mmlcs of last year are now nearly microscopic and there are some new forms in their place in some cases, either a different color body or, a completely different shape.

Thanks in advance of any help I may receive. Mike

Is there some reason, unbeknownst to me, no one wants to jump in here and help me out or, does any one not know the answer . If I'm stepping on someones toes let me know.

Maybe we do not understand the question.

Circuit boards are different they will contain different components, and even these will contain different amounts of metals...

I have seen general numbers in various places of what circuit boards may contain by weight but I believe the only way to now for sure would be to test them for yourself. the problem would be doing this, and then every pile of boards would vary...

Selling them to the highest bidder would be the most profitable.
If selling tons maybe you could get a good sample mix, and represented sample and have an assay done.

If your asking what components may contain values you can find many discussions on the forum that should be very helpful in that aspect.

I am not sure what you are asking or wanting to know, even if I did I do not think I could answer it...

Thanks, now I know the problem with the question, I tried searching the forum but guess I haven't found the proper search perimeters yet.

Latest posts

Back