Like to get some advice how I should refine old slag?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandon/kelly

Yes I haven’t even started, and I'm still reading hoke as well as everything I can on forum here! I'd say I've been to every section on forum, and I.ve searched for slag found some articles that didn’t look relevant to what I'm looking for.

I have almost 105 pounds this stuff some I've bought from eBay, old flea market and some from few good friends. The old gentlemen I bought some from at an old flea market told me best way would be crush it and pan the gold out then go from there like he used do he was right old fellow. He told me he could get all I wanted he'd just have to get up to his old mine as it takes him awhile to do with his ageing bones.

The stuff looks sweet, and I only have a little less than $200 invested in all of it. I’ve enclosed a few shots of some the stuff the pictures are some the stuff I got from eBay guy, because my camera isn’t working. Once fiancé gets it from shop I’ll take more pictures of the other stuff I got from other places, but only difference in I can see some is duller looking some is shinier really beautiful looking. I was told this slag could have a lot different metals in it like gold, silver, bornite, platinum, maybe even a few types of the PGM's, and few more types metals. I’m asking, because I’ve been into this about 3 years not nearly as long as a lot you all! I’ve never knew anyone that has ever worked with slag to ask them what, or which way is best way to go at this, and how do I go about getting every type metal I can from the slag.

My main questions is has anyone here at forum ever worked with gold & silver bearing smelter slag where they used to pour it back at the mines in 1800's?

If so how would you more experienced refiners go about doing this slag?

Attachments

• $(KGrHqF,!l8E1Fw8)RhIBNd(g2ncwg~~_12.jpg
    $(KGrHqF,!l8E1Fw8)RhIBNd(g2ncwg~~_12.jpg
    59 KB
  • !CEUBCbQBGk~$(KGrHqZ,!g4E0eb5LOR4BNRc66E)Qg~~_12.jpg
    !CEUBCbQBGk~$(KGrHqZ,!g4E0eb5LOR4BNRc66E)Qg~~_12.jpg
    25.4 KB
  • !CEUEPGwCWk~$(KGrHqZ,!m!E1FywGKDoBNRd!Lc7jg~~_12.jpg
    !CEUEPGwCWk~$(KGrHqZ,!m!E1FywGKDoBNRd!Lc7jg~~_12.jpg
    57.3 KB
  • !CET9f(!Bmk~$(KGrHqZ,!iIE0GYjm3DGBNRc1B8Vrg~~_12.jpg
    !CET9f(!Bmk~$(KGrHqZ,!iIE0GYjm3DGBNRc1B8Vrg~~_12.jpg
    57.4 KB
  • $(KGrHqZ,!q4F!-S1LdRLBQVnRYBiD!~~60_12.jpg
    $(KGrHqZ,!q4F!-S1LdRLBQVnRYBiD!~~60_12.jpg
    29.2 KB
http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=8121&p=75806&hilit=slag+ebay#p75806

http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=5999&hilit=slag+ebay

http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=5609&hilit=slag+ebay

very little is new on the forum

Eric

I would not buy slag from ebay saying it contained values, which would most likely just be a scam, as if done properly there would be no value in the slag, and old miners did not just throw the gold away after they worked themselves almost to death to get a little to buy some bread with.

Latest posts

Back