Looking for someone who can refine my crushed ore.

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
True North Refineries,

First of all, did you find the ore in a vein, or does it randomly show up everywhere on your claim? Pyrite and gold are both found in veins (Hydrothermal deposits), so you might have some gold in there if it came from a vein. If it is scattered randomly, that means it was created when there was a lot of pressure combined with sulfur, so it will be found in the host rock..............which means there is a very very low chance of gold.

Second, you are nowhere even close to needing a mill or a refinery. At this stage, the only thing you need to worry about is determining how much is pyrite, and IF there is any gold.

Third, you don't need an assay at this point either. Gold pans never lie. Throw the rock into a pillowcase, and beat on it with a sledge hammer until it's a fine dust. Then pan it.

Fourth, prospecting is a passion that requires a lot of work, and a tremendous amount of tenacity. If you find yourself saying something is "too hard to pan"............Don't quit your day job.

Lastly, Minero74 gave you solid advise, but you ignored it. If you are going to jump into this game, learn some manners, close your mouth, and open your ears. I've been mining for many years, and I still pick up the phone and call the old-timers for help. So when somebody offers you advise even though it's not the answer you wanted................Humble yourself and realize you asked the wrong question.

Last edited:
Back