Looking for Urea

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wop1969

I found some ice melter at the local hardware in my search for urea but I cant decyper the contents, can someone help me with this?
I am working on understanding this but it gets confusing when so many are listed at once.

kcl 7447-40-7
nacl 7647-14-5
nh2conh2 57-13-8
c706h14 97-30-3

This link should answer your questions:

CAS Search

You have the wrong number for Urea, it 57-13-6, The jug is correct, you must have read it wrong.

The four ingredients are table salt, potassium salt (sodium free salt, urea, and α-Methyl-(d)-glucoside.

Steve

urea is 46-0-0 best to try the garden dept at a lowe's,home depot,menards and look for that number on fertilizer or any place that handles farm chemicals it is a 46% nitrogen based fertilizer. if you still can't find any let me know how many ton(s) you would like....lol

is their a topic that explains the XX-XX-XX numbers and how it works?
I am just starting to figure out how to read the Chem lables let alone the cas thing. But I have no understanding of how it works or what it is.

So this numbering systems is just used to to keep track of compounds?

Also is it safe to assume this method is basicly for fertalizer compounds?

These numbers help a farmer determine how much of the 3 major plant nutrients are required for their soil based on a soil test. It is only a vague indicator of the chemical urea. If you see 46-00-00 it only indicates urea because urea as a fertilizer is 46% available nitrogen. If the last numbers aren't zeros other chemicals have been added.

ok so thereticly you might find one that says Urea on the package and say
10-00-00 and it would be urea with 10% nitrogen content?

Don't confuse the two numbering systems.

The NPK system is not the same as the CAS.

NPK is nitrogen phosphorus potassium and is explained here:

NPK Explained

CAS registry numbers are used to identify exact compounds and is explained here:

CAS Registry numbers

I've already given you a link to look up the CAS numbers above.

Steve

lazersteve said:
Don't confuse the two numbering systems.

The NPK system is not the same as the CAS.

NPK is nitrogen phosphorus potassium and is explained here:

NPK Explained

CAS registry numbers are used to identify exact compounds and is explained here:

CAS Registry numbers

I've already given you a link to look up the CAS numbers above.

Steve

Ok so the cas is a cataloging system and NKP is a compound ID system

wop1969 said:
ok so thereticly you might find one that says Urea on the package and say
10-00-00 and it would be urea with 10% nitrogen content?

Dont think it works quite like that...
Since urea is 46%... for it to be 10% it would be another compound with less nitrogen % composition available, afaik

Latest posts

Back