• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Looking to buy scrap ceramic CPUs

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smoolae

Hi,

Willing to buy ceramic CPUs. It would be great if the seller lives or can send the CPUs from inside Europe. Also, would like to see pictures with timestamps before buying anything.
I personally live in Estonia.

Willing to buy different amounts. From 100s of grams to kilograms, depends on the price you are willing to sell for.

Would be great if the seller would use Escrow.com service (I pay all the escrow fees).

With pictures and timestamps? Can you explain a bit abut why you need that level of detail?

anachronism said:
With pictures and timestamps? Can you explain a bit abut why you need that level of detail?

I have got sellers who seem to be ok to deal with, but suddenly when you ask proof that they really have the described products, they suddenly fall off or decline to send any pictures.
Timestamp can be as easy as just a piece of paper with date.

Hi there, I have 54 pentium pro cpu's, that's around 4,7kg. And I have also a lot of other goldcap cpu's. I live in the Netherlands. Please explain what you mean by timestamps, is this the code on the the back of each cpu?

Attachments

• DSC_2283~2.JPG
    DSC_2283~2.JPG
    4.4 MB · Views: 450
He wants you to write the date on a piece of paper then put it in the photo. Or include a front page of the newspaper. Or something to suggest that you actually have the material and haven't sold it to someone else already, and are just recycling the photograph.

snoman701 said:
He wants you to write the date on a piece of paper then put it in the photo. Or include a front page of the newspaper. Or something to suggest that you actually have the material and haven't sold it to someone else already, and are just recycling the photograph.

This exactly!

When gold was up over $1500.00 a ounce, we used to have a guy who came around and bought al our ceramics. As long as they were ceramic, had gold pins on them, and no aluminum lids, throw them all together, $100.00 a pound cash out the door. Never did get a phone number from him, I'm hoping he comes back sometime. :G

Smoolae said:
Still looking for Ceramic CPUs :)

Hey! I live right next to you - in Latvia ;) and I have a small e-waste business...
I get some ceramic CPUs from time to time, so far I have always e-bay'ed them, but if you can offer competitive price - shoot me a PM....

Until I can gauge what price level you are willing to offer I'm not really interested to waste my time in taking pictures, timestamps or anything... Very often would be buyers are just fishing to get something really cheap, etc. I've lost count of the times I've got offered price for my materials that is a lot lower than advertised on international e-waste buying sites (like boardsort for example), not to mention "gold content", "collector's value" or "e-bay price"...
It gets very annoying very quickly...
I think this forum is the worst place in the world to try and buy something undervalued that contains any gold...

silversaddle1 said:
When gold was up over $1500.00 a ounce, we used to have a guy who came around and bought al our ceramics. As long as they were ceramic, had gold pins on them, and no aluminum lids, throw them all together, $100.00 a pound cash out the door. Never did get a phone number from him, I'm hoping he comes back sometime. :G
Wait, you are talking about 8 years not 2 weeks ago? ;)
And not even gold lid required? So u could take off aluminium lid from AMD K6 and it went for $100/pound? In any case thats amazing price, poor guy probably hoped to get his money back on 486 & PPros, they must have been much more common back then... Even if he does come back now I bet he wouldn't pay that much for a lot of mostly AMDs/Cyrix's/Pentiums (I)...

niks neims said:
Smoolae said:
Still looking for Ceramic CPUs :)

Hey! I live right next to you - in Latvia ;) and I have a small e-waste business...
I get some ceramic CPUs from time to time, so far I have always e-bay'ed them, but if you can offer competitive price - shoot me a PM....

Until I can gauge what price level you are willing to offer I'm not really interested to waste my time in taking pictures, timestamps or anything... Very often would be buyers are just fishing to get something really cheap, etc. I've lost count of the times I've got offered price for my materials that is a lot lower than advertised on international e-waste buying sites (like boardsort for example), not to mention "gold content", "collector's value" or "e-bay price"...
It gets very annoying very quickly...
I think this forum is the worst place in the world to try and buy something undervalued that contains any gold...

PM sent :)

Damn Forum's PM feature is buggy... To be honest it worries me, heck, maybe anachronism has sent me some great e-waste business tips and I have been missing them all this time due to bugs :/

FrugalRefiner said:
What problems are you having? I may not be able to do anything about them, but I'm not aware of any current problems.

Dave

Member sent me a PM and I didn't get it... Fortunately second PM got through and we moved to email ;)

And still waiting for PM with some more quality business advice from Jon ;) but that probably isn't an issue with forum mechanics ;)

niks neims said:
Forum's PM feature is buggy... To be honest it worries me.
I've been in touch with both niks neims and Smoolae about this. I've also checked the Moderator Logs where we can see edits and deletions of posts, etc. I did not have any problems PMing either member, and I didn't find any indication in the Logs of anything unusual. Smoolae did not find the lost PM in his Outbox, Sent Messages, or Drafts.

At this time, I'm assuming this was an isolated incident, but if anyone else has problems with the PM system, please let us know.

Dave

FrugalRefiner said:
At this time, I'm assuming this was an isolated incident, but if anyone else has problems with the PM system, please let us know.
You are correct

I apologize, the perceived bug very well might be explained by one time glitch or human error, no need to panic, I was too hasty in my worrying....;)

Carry on;)

Well I had an incident a few months ago.
I was certain I had sent a PM to a member, but as I didn't get an answer, I checked back in and it was nowhere.
Scratched my already bald head and sent a new one :)

I kind of expected I had done some mistake somewhere and thought no more about it, until now.

Back