• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Looking to buy scrap ceramic CPUs

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe there have been times when we've had slight time warps due to issues at our host. I've experienced it too. We've seen episodes when both PMs and posts have disappeared. At times, it has probably only involved a few posts and/or PMs and nobody really notices. Other times, it has involved hours worth of activity and it has been more noticeable. Each of the current problems could have been under such circumstances. Such is the nature of the internet. There's not much we can do about the occasional hiccup. If the problems become more widespread, we can try to research possible solutions.

Dave

niks neims said:
silversaddle1 said:
When gold was up over $1500.00 a ounce, we used to have a guy who came around and bought al our ceramics. As long as they were ceramic, had gold pins on them, and no aluminum lids, throw them all together, $100.00 a pound cash out the door. Never did get a phone number from him, I'm hoping he comes back sometime. :G
Wait, you are talking about 8 years not 2 weeks ago? ;)
And not even gold lid required? So u could take off aluminium lid from AMD K6 and it went for $100/pound? In any case thats amazing price, poor guy probably hoped to get his money back on 486 & PPros, they must have been much more common back then... Even if he does come back now I bet he wouldn't pay that much for a lot of mostly AMDs/Cyrix's/Pentiums (I)...

Yeah, my bad. That should say $1900.00 per ounce, thanks for catching that. And yes, we always pop the lids on the AMD's and the SunSparks. He must have been making money, he came around all the time.

silversaddle1 said:
Yeah, my bad. That should say $1900.00 per ounce, thanks for catching that. And yes, we always pop the lids on the AMD's and the SunSparks. He must have been making money, he came around all the time.

I can promise you he was losing money on those. The sun sparcs would have been a massive loss.

anachronism said:
silversaddle1 said:

I can promise you he was losing money on those. The sun sparcs would have been a massive loss.

People tend to make the same financial mistakes over and over again...whether they realize its a mistake or not.

But...sunsparcs...where should they be graded? Similar chips by weight/$ of return? I have some I should buy but have always just declined them because of the excessive tungsten weight. Grade with AMD metal cap?

Sure, those do. I'm talking about the sunspark with the gold pins and lid popped off. Like I said, 100 bucks a pound and he took everything.

silversaddle1 said:
Sure, those do. I'm talking about the sunspark with the gold pins and lid popped off. Like I said, 100 bucks a pound and he took everything.

Sure and I'm saying that even with the lids off he was losing a boatload of money Scott. :D :D

Sno they are horrible. I buy them complete @ £3 per Kg when I have to assign a price to them.

Well I'm getting ready to sell out and move everything out. I'm tired of moving stuff around and stumbling over it. We'll see how we do on this round.

Latest posts

Back