Magnetic Pins?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
margsu said:
AP is quite interesting thing. I dissolved all gold in AP. I made AP vith 50% peroxide. I tryed to put this thing quite few but result was that ewerything was dissolved. Next time I try 3% peroxide. In my coutry cost 50% peroxide 5 time less than medic grade from store. This was reason why I used so strong peroxide.
Buy the cheap stuff and dilute it for the reaction before adding it to the acid.

Steve

I bought a cheap stuff. :lol: 35Kg 60% nitric, 35 Kg 33% muriatic and 22Kg 50% peroxide was cost only 140$. But medic grade or laboratory stuff is abot 20 time expenssive. But yeah I dilute this stuff next time. At the moment I have a little bit more work to get gold from this AP.

to make 1l of 3% H2O2 out from 50% grade you need to mix 940ml of water with 60ml 50% h2o2 according to this dilution calculator:
http://www.restrictionmapper.org/dilutioncalc9.html

Barren Realms 007 said:
Put them in the AP and process them.

what about cpu pins with some solder still included. could i process them directly in AP or should I treat them with HCL first to remove the solder? thanks.

Barren Realms 007 said:
hfywc said:
Barren Realms 007 said:
Put them in the AP and process them.

what if they are magnetic pins? what then? thanks. alan

If the pins are magnetic put them in some HCL in a crock pot and let them run.

what's the reason being and for how long? thanks for your quick response. much appreciated. alan

Barren Realms 007 said:
The pins being magnetic indicates they are steel and I just run the ones like that in HCL in a crock pot. The heat speeds up the reaction.

thanks! alan

Latest posts

Back