Maximum allowable price for gold dore?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allglory

What are the minimum and maximum prices that can be set for purchasing gold dore when working with miners?

What are the minimum and maximum prices that can be set for purchasing gold dore when working with miners?
Welcome, there are no such limits per definition.
You buy at the lowest you can get it at and the seller sells as high as he can.
Demand and supply is the key.

An important item for all dore sales is assay. Remember, Dore is an alloy, not a single pure metal.

Time for more coffee.

An important item for all dore sales is assay. Remember, Dore is an alloy, not a single pure metal.

Time for more coffee.
The ultimate assay can only take place at the refinery. What strategies do you employ to minimize risk prior to that?

Welcome, there are no such limits per definition.
You buy at the lowest you can get it at and the seller sells as high as he can.
Demand and supply is the key.
If you are in the seller's market, you can expect a better price than the one in the buyer's market.

I'm currently negotiating with a supplier for gold dore who claims to be based in Africa. He has offered to supply 100 kg of gold per week. He sent me his KYC documents, which include his passport and a gold export license. I checked these against the government website, and the license appears to be valid, set to expire in 2025.

Does this seem credible to you?

What steps should I take now to ensure I don't fall victim to a scam?

I'm currently negotiating with a supplier for gold dore who claims to be based in Africa. He has offered to supply 100 kg of gold per week. He sent me his KYC documents, which include his passport and a gold export license. I checked these against the government website, and the license appears to be valid, set to expire in 2025.

Keep your posts regarding the same topic in one thread please.
I have moved it now.

Anything out of Africa have to be considered scam or attempted scam until proven otherwise.
In this case I would check not only the rules for export from Africa but also for import to where ever you want to import it.
What purity is it and what price do he ask?
Ballpark, not exact.
Most scammers ask a ludicrous low price.

My best advice would be to visit the country and do the actual on-ground DD. A small-scale miner would hardly produce this quantity. It is about 12 MT per year export of dore. An aggregator/exporter or a medium-scale or large mining company only would be able to deliver this quantity. Big money is involved. Better to make sure before committing any money.

Latest posts

Back