MC999 eBay Indefinite Selling Restriction

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
no i am thinking more of a add campaign offering 10% more for scrap gold and silver than the average price people get on eBay.
I think if you make a big point about the 17% luxemburg tax and insertion fees then tie it in to the eBay fraud statistics you may be able to attract a good portion of triad.
particularly if you could show all lots where opened and inspected by some sort of bonded impartial agent.may be a local court clerk would be able to be employed just to open mail and log the content's
pity i don't have the funds to under right such a venture all by my self.
i will have to just draw up the proposal and pitch it to lightly investors.
may never lead to any thing but at least it is a vague hope of a useful tactic.i bet the solicitors will have a shed load of objections based on FleeBay's legal response.
But am not ruling any thing out at this early stage :twisted:

Ian_B said:
Create a new E-bay name...?

Easy enough to try but if it works, it may not work for long. I've never had any issues as a seller with Ebay or Paypal. I've only been buying for the last several years though just because selling got to be a hassle, and my job doesn't allow the free time needed. I try to remember useful information I come across though, even if it isn't currently important to me but may be in the future. I was watching videos recently about some Ebay scams and one of the related videos that was recommended by YouTube had to do with getting a new Paypal seller account set up after being banned by Paypal for any reason. It was just a come-on to sell an eBook and may not directly apply anyway. What the video was saying though was that if any piece of information on the new account you created matched the old one (like mailing address, email address, credit card#, etc.) then Paypal would eventually link the two accounts and cancel the new one also. As I recall the commenters agreed Paypal does do this, but also said the techniques described to circumvent them finding out didn't really work. In any case, I'm just assuming that since Ebay runs Paypal that they both do pretty much the same checking?

You are correct. Ebay does have a computer matching program.You cant use the same name,address,social security numbers or any credit card or bank account numbers that were used in the old account.You can open one using a family member's name because they are a different person,but if you mess up you could be endangering their chances of being banned.
The buyer is always right on ebay. I believe what ebay was telling you in their decision is that your selling model was too open for abuse to be used on ebay. Other people using it would not be as honest as you were. My son in law was a beginning user of ebay in the antiques business and greatly contributed to their success, but he is now banned for life because he didnt answer unhappy customers responses in time. the reason he didnt is because he couldnt,as he was in the hospital trying to recover from an operation that didnt go as planned. Ebay couldnt care less about what happened to him.
As for myself,I have strived to be the best I can be on ebay and offer 14 day money back warranty on anything i sell, Still I managed to get banned from the bullion category because a few sellers that didnt like my low prices got together and bought just enough items from me to lower my seller status(Low detailed seller ratings for item not as described). They did this by leaving low detailed seller ratings on the items they bought. I managed to get a hold of most of my buyers and tell them where to find my items in other listing categories. I could not find out who the perpetraters were because they did not leave bad feedback or send any complaints. Ebay had a policy of not letting sellers see who leaves lo DSR's. It took me 6 months to prove that there was nothing wrong with those items.i finally received a sort of apology letter, but i still lost my 2% discount on final value fees for 6 months. But really ,these problems are no worse than other situations that we all go through in life. Ebay is not an easybay, but I am thankful for it

Well I think they are acting like an Autistic client of mine.
They egg me on and offer me free listings then ban me when I use only 10% of what they said I could.
They just sent me an other 200 free listings again THIS MORNING!!!
Talk about rubbing salt in a wound.
They much proffer people like this chap http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/xiaohong2088?
He gets complaints because all he sells is junk marked and Sterling Silver.
I was curious as to how such a business could operate selling silver at 10p a gram so bought £4 worth.
I raised the issue with both eBay and the trader but to no avail.well I got banned the next day and he is still going very strong.
May Be I should not have posted the pictures of his junk dissolving.
But I did not think eBay would act so unfairly.Probably a good thing to stop using them if they are incapable of rational thought and debate.
Having been working here for over twenty years I have developed a small army of what I call "my Irregulars" that will dig all day for £5 an hour so finding five or ten who would post bit's and bobs for me is not a problem.
I was trying to put together a single entity that could be promoted which has been blown out of the water by forces and politics I did not know where in action.
I checked all the legislation needed to make sure I was in line with governmental guide lines but was unaware that ebay had a different view.
My solicitor say's"EU Law - Chapter II / Article 102 prohibition - Abuse of dominant market position refusal to supply or provide access to essential facilities In the EU and UK, it is illegal for eBay to ban you for no good reason.Concerns that you could miss use a trading position are ridiculous any thing is open to abuse"
But he charges £150 an hour and I have only just finished a two year battle with a building contractor who tried it on with me so I am not really in the mood for a drawn out slanging match with a multy billion pound entity like eBay.
I will just have to start acting as there wurst Gorilla Marketing Night Mair.

Attachments

• 100_0799.JPG
    100_0799.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 207
  • 100_0800.JPG
    100_0800.JPG
  • 100_0804.JPG
    100_0804.JPG
justinhcase said:
Well I think they are acting like an Autistic client of mine.

Some of us have children that have Autism, its not a joke, its not funny, it only shows your own ignorance. You'll excuse me while I no longer giving two flying farts as to what happens with your account now...

I know there are a lot of very closely related condition in the Autism spectrum.
My dad was Aspergers Syndrome which was not very pleasant and I have been told i exhibit the odd caricaturist some time's when I have a project on my mind.
So I treat them all with equal respect as I be leave we all share similar traits if you look hard enough.
In fact come to think of it,and it never occurred to me before most of the people I truly respect and like are people I would have to describe as teetering on the first step of that group of people.
I was not saying they where stupid more blinkered to a point of view out side there comfort zone and through a fit when the world did not meet the logical and neat expectation if you catch my drift.
Sorry if you took offense I really did not mean any harm I do wax lyrical as it is called some time.And I did not expect you to care about me or my account .
I am on the other side of the world and it sounds like you have your hands full .my heart and best wish go out to any one in your position.

I agree with Solar here. Obvious you're being far too sensitive. Justin was making a statement of fact, not poking fun at autism.

I know people with all kinds of medical problems but I don't get all sensitive when it's mentioned.

My vocabulary skills are limited, but what I do know is we should be careful with some of what we say, and how we say it so as not to offend others.

I do not see where Justin was using this to be offensive to anyone.

I am sure he did not mean to offend anyone with a medical condition.

We as members must do our best, at being gentlemen and ladies, on the forum, being respectful to others in what we say, and how we say it.

i think the word is:

political correctness.

should be a rule, an enforced rule.

this fits into:

skin colour
race
religion

i vote for zero tolerance on discrimination. because if you let it happen it will get worse, much worse.

my 2 cents

i may like to ad.....

this is coming from "me" the guy that has problems with "Following The Rules"

Dave Clarke

Calm down, Black Magic 8) :lol: He didn't burn a cross. Please follow the link I posted and you will see, there has actually not been anything mean in his words. It is just a misunderstanding.

Of course, all of us try not to offend anyone. Nevertheless, caused by different local background, cultures, language, rhetorical abilities sooner or later most of us, including myself, will come to say something another one feels to be offending or otherwise get misunderstood - or will feel offended or will misunderstand someone.

used phpbb to block solar_plasma, posts will no longer be seen :lol:

its a great function.

Sorry, I had to think of the posts, when someone was offended by your name necromancer, which most would call a kind of black magic, - and I tried to take up the cudgels for you.

Well I totally support the New Diversity Protection Legislation.
But to say I was not a fan of the two week seminar I had to sit through when it came in is an understatement.
And I never have breached any of there guyed lines.May be I sail a little bit close to the wind in a little bit of a Pythonesque way.
But I assure you the distinction is one of taste and not adversely affecting any protected diversity.
I was trying to bring some attention to a policy by FleeBay that from what research I have seen is affecting a multitude of small family concerns.
I am sorry it has ended in a debate on Political correctness.

necromancer said:
i think the word is:

political correctness.

should be a rule, an enforced rule.

this fits into:

skin colour
race
religion

i vote for zero tolerance on discrimination. because if you let it happen it will get worse, much worse.

my 2 cents

That's probably the most ridiculous post I have ever seen on this forum. Political correctness is nothing more than preventing people from having an opinion that doesn't fit with the establishment. Exactly the opposite of what the "land of the free" stands for.

People have to be able to say the truth, no matter what that entails. Nobody is ever going to be thanked by everyone for what they say, but those who tell he truth as they see it are respected far more than those who never do, and stir things up with no true facts to back them up.

Blocking someone's posts because you don't like reading their opinion is like putting your hands in your ears and chanting "la la la la la."

This thread's getting a little off topic and not in an educational way.

I am going to run away and hid for a bit.
Have a nice cup of tea.
My be when I surface again it will have all blown over.
Almost finished my new wet scrubber.Two water driven aspirators driven by a 400w sealed dirty water sump pump and a 100l tank.
Thinking of bicarbonate of soda to control the acidity as I had to use some stainless steel but 99.9% is plastic.
Almost no noise escapes the water tank so it may be of use to people where noise of a continual fan would be a problem.
But do not want to get borough beaten by any one who scrubs floors for a living so will choose my word carefully.

spaceships said:
preventing people from having an opinion that doesn't fit with the establishment. Exactly the opposite of what the "land of the free" stands for.

i tried to say more or less that exact same thing, i got a warning for it.

this is a canadian web site ?? with international members ?? and not a american web site ??? <------- this is 3 questions, not statements :!:

and one of the most important things is that, "my choice is my choice"

i can listen to constant insults or i can shut them out.

if the admin did not want a function of this site to be used he would disable it.

and i would love to see your new wet scrubber, but thats another post. i will see you there when it's done :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back