Merged Topics on Ceramic CPU Recovery with Yields

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
its-all-a-lie said:
Here you can translate the book for FREE, there should be no excuse to not read Hoke from this point forward. http://translate.google.com/
You can translate the words from the book into your language,that is what it does.
But we are dealing with chemicals, correct procedure, potentially dangerous things end so on....
English is not my native language.
I have tried it and it does not work.
Spelling mistakes is what you're looking for, and and asking yourself what does she mean by.... ,instead of learning the book.
It translates most of the words correctly, and makes a mess of the combinations words.
There is a solution:learning and Google.
The reading goes easy for me in English, the writing is difficult for my.
9 Sentences 1 hour 50 minutes.

Best regards, Richard.

Recently I have bought a lot of ceramic processors.
For 1.7kg of them I have paid $70. Substantial majority is AMD K5, AMD Duron, some Pentiums 133MHz.

Between these processors are few unsual ones. They seem older than those I am used to.
They are *white* ceramics with aluminum lid on the top and very nice pin free bottoms. Instead pins there are ring shaped contact surfaces.
I can read types of these processors.
They are different versions of IBM 93, also few versions of IBM 1614, american (US) and Canadian versions of HP processors like 1QK9-0009 and 1QK9-0008 and few others.
Does anyone of you knows estimate collection value and gold value of such processors?
I just ask because it would be silly to throw them to ball mill if someone wish to pay more than gold is worth and would like to preserve them.
I enclose 3 photos of theseWhiteCeramics(3).jpg WhiteCeramics(2).jpg WhiteCeramics(1).jpg
I have also another querry:
Is it true that AMD K5 contain approximately 0.4g of Au each?
There are versions with gold plated lid on the bottom and with 2 gold plated lids.
Are these about the same in terms of Au content or the one with 2 lids contain more as one might naively assume.
Also, is it reasonable to hope that ceramic AMD Duron would yield 0.1g Au if processed properly?

You can hope as much as you like but sadly it won't get you anywhere fast mate. 8) 8)

To help - if it hasn't got a proper die with bonding wires then it's very low yield compared to a "cored" processor.

Your Durons are not good and certainly nowhere near 0.1g each. They are MUCH lower.

Hope that helps.

Jon

ChemGeek said:
@anachronism,
Thanks for your comments.
Any ideas about white ceramic processors?

Ive never processed them they are piling up here. My guess- and it's a guess is that they are similarly low because they do not have a die. That given take this as supposition please.

Jon

The relationship between the 7 socket and the 8 socket number of legs and wires is a qualitative one, or to put it another way, is a mathematical difference.

The difference between the results of my lab guys and the two types of chips tested is also a mathematical one.

There ARE AMD pentium pro "class" chips 100MHZ, which I've already proven, and which my guys say they tested. They lie to me, they get fired. It's real simple. We have millions riding on correct answers around here. This was a simple experiment to offer an answer an earlier question.

I've looked in the ebay ads this morning. The chip sellers offer no details. Are you trying to convince this forum you only process Intel Stamped socket 8 Pentium Pro class chips for gold yield?

The major difference besides math and how many pins in a 7 socket vs an 8 socket is dollars of pure gold for sale per chip processed.

My guys got more dollars per chip than the original questioner. That is the significant part. i would have thought this forum would be happy to learn there is more gold available than they are apparently harvesting. I only offered it so that it might set the guys here to looking for how to get at that unharvested gold more effeciently.

You are correct about one thing, however. I don't care about clock speed, cpu manufacturer, etc. I do care about monetary results from test showing interesting differences and theorizing about why.

One reason for the difference I suspect is my guys took their ground up chips to minus 200 before adding back in the metal pins, and the original questioner took his to "fine" whatever that definition is to him.

Isn't it all about money in the wallet after the acid is disposed of?

a man named Sue
Sorry a man named Sue, but you should just stop already. You just admitted that the 7 socket and 8 socket are considerably different in dollars of pure gold. Now go look at the results you claim to have produced. They are very close to the same yields, that does not make any sense. You are the weakest link goodbye

Sorry a man named Sue, but you should just stop already. You just admitted that the 7 socket and 8 socket are considerably different in dollars of pure gold. Now go look at the results you claim to have produced. They are very close to the same yields, that does not make any sense. You are the weakest link goodbye
Welcome to us.
You are not making a very good first expression here.
Commenting on a post made in 2007 by someone not here anymore.

Back