Merged Topics on Ceramic CPU Recovery with Yields

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
niteliteone - look if you think that I am lazy, ok, but you don´t know me, you don´t know who I am and you don´t know what kind of problems I have and at last you don´t know why I trying to get help from you. I don´t want step by step instruction from anyone ! Cost for translating book is 6500 euro, but I don´t have it so send me a Bank Check for 6500 € and I will go to translate the book. I do not read the book because I do not understand it, not because I am lazy.

Harold_V : I don't think that the refining is easy ! I know that I need a book for refining but i don´t understand it so I ask the butcher for help to tell me which chapter is necessary for me. Because I don´t have much time and I don´t go explain why because is personal. If you still think that I am lazy, fool, individuals who share your apparent mindset, so you can ban me from the forum. Make your choice.

I did not want to offend anyone

pedroADV said:
niteliteone - look if you think that I am lazy, ok, but you don´t know me, you don´t know who I am and you don´t know what kind of problems I have and at last you don´t know why I trying to get help from you. I don´t want step by step instruction from anyone ! Cost for translating book is 6500 euro, but I don´t have it so send me a Bank Check for 6500 € and I will go to translate the book. I do not read the book because I do not understand it, not because I am lazy.

Harold_V : I don't think that the refining is easy ! I know that I need a book for refining but i don´t understand it so I ask the butcher for help to tell me which chapter is necessary for me. Because I don´t have much time and I don´t go explain why because is personal. If you still think that I am lazy, fool, individuals who share your apparent mindset, so you can ban me from the forum. Make your choice.

Pedro,
I did Not say I would translate the book, I said I would give you step-by-step instructions on how to fix your problem and I expect to be paid for my time.
Why do you expect people to give to you for free what we spent much time learning :?:

Pedro,

If you understood what Burcher and Harold said then definitely you will umderstand

Hoke's book. It is written in simple english from which you will learn several aquintance experiments which will answer most of your questions. That way you will do things in a proper way I hope that serves
Good luck,
Esau.

Pedro,

I don't know your background. If you are a chemist there might be some chapters, which are not new to you. But even most of the chemists have read the book, since it is full of practical knowlegde special to refining. The way you are asking I believe you have absolutely no relevant knowledge, so, I can easily say, which chapter is important to you to read and understand: All of them.

There is no shortcut, no red carpet. If you haven't got the time, forget this idea. No childish stamping the feet to the ground, no crying and no begging will change it. Chemistry is not an antiauthoritarian parent, that can be manipulated by the will of its child. Chemicals are unforgiving and deathly cold like the reeper himself. But do what you want, jump out into the white water, but don't expect anybody to help you in this foolish attempt.

Think over it. Many have done before and got all the help they needed.

nitelineone - at last, i don't want instruction from anyone ! do you understand this ?

Esau - thank you, really

pedroADV said:
nitelineone - at last, i don't want instruction from anyone ! do you understand this ?

Esau - thank you, really
Funny that IS exactly what you are asking for from others. (ie. Butcher)

pedroADV said:
you are funny :lol:
I do not read the book because I do not understand it, not because I am lazy.
Now that IS funny.
If you don't understand what Hokes book says, Their is NO way possible you will understand what anyone here explains to you. Almost everything you watched in Samuel's videos is well explained in Hokes book and you said earlier that you wanted to follow what Samuel did in the videos.

What type of processors are you planning to process ???
If you ONLY do ceramic processors, Samuel's videos will work. If you try to use this process on any other type of processor, (ie. green or black) you will have a lot of problems and probably loose your values.

pedroADV said:
Dear butcher

At first, thank you for your advice. Now I know what do you want to tell me but i do not have time (years) to study. I want to do following this video step by step http://www.goldnscrap.com/index.php/scrap-cpu-a-chips/91-gold-recovery-process-from-ceramic-cpus-part-1 and of course part-2 ,too. The book is for my english really hard and i don´t believe that anyone who refining gold read it whole, but if you tell me what part is necessary, I read it. But whole book is for me unthinkable. I do not mean this in bad. I will be grateful for your next advice.
pedro,

I am assuming that as you say, you are not lazy. I can understand that if English is not your first language, Hoke's book could indeed be difficult to translate and understand. While it is written in "simple English", most members here would likely struggle to understand it if it was written in simple Czech or simple Polish. So I can sympathize that the effort to translate the book is enormous. Unfortunately, it is still the best introduction to refining that has ever been written. English is my native language, so it's much easier for me. I have read the whole book at least 4 or 5 times now, and I learn more every time.

If you are very lucky, you might be able to process CPUs as shown in Sam's videos. But if you run into the slightest problem, you will not know what to do to fix the problem. This is why other members have told you you're likely to end up with a mess if you start any process without completely understanding it. Many have tried to refine based on watching a few videos. Few have been successful.

If you do not have years to study, I can think of several options:
1.) Find somewhere to sell whatever material you have; (there is a Sale or Trade section on this forum where you can list what you have)
2.) Have someone toll refine your material for you; (there are quite a few members who do this work)
3.) Hire someone to consult with you to guide you through the processes. (expect to spend a lot of money)

I have been a member here for close to 2 years. I have read every post on the forum, as well as Hoke's book and several others. I have done the getting acquainted exercises and processed some small batches, but I know there is still much for me to learn.

So if you need to convert your scrap to money in a short time, find a buyer for your material or find someone who will refine it for you. If you need to do this yourself, but you must do it quickly, you'll need to pay someone to teach you. If you can spend the time to study and learn these processes, this forum and Hoke's book will help you to achieve your goal.

I wish you the best of luck in whatever path you choose.
Dave

pedroADV said:
Harold_V : I don't think that the refining is easy ! I know that I need a book for refining but i don´t understand it so I ask the butcher for help to tell me which chapter is necessary for me.
The point I tried to make is that ALL chapters are necessary. There are no shortcuts to learning to refine. If you avoid learning any of the processes, you'll hit a wall, as almost all of them are required in the course of refining. If you don't gain an understanding at the outset, even if you get answers to your *sure-to-come* questions, they may not make sense to you because you lack the badly needed basic understanding.

Because I don´t have much time and I don´t go explain why because is personal.
Then this hobby is not for you. It is very demanding of your time if you expect to make any progress. This isn't like a magazine you can pick up and peruse at your leisure. It takes serious dedication and constant attention, so you don't forget the things you learn.

If you still think that I am lazy, fool, individuals who share your apparent mindset, so you can ban me from the forum. Make your choice.
It has nothing to do with "my choice". It has everything to do with YOUR CHOICE. You can come here with the idea in mind that you will learn how to refine, following the guidelines we have established, knowing full well that anything less is too disruptive to the forum, or you can find a different place to hang out. If you post regularly, asking questions that reflect the FACT that you are unwilling to do any work on your own, you will be banned. We've made it abundantly clear that we do not cater to such individuals----that we fully expect that ANYONE who comes to this board with the idea in mind to learn how to refine will dedicate their time to learning the basics, so they can converse with those who have experience. If that's too much to ask, it wastes the time of those who try to help, as you can't learn by asking questions endlessly---no one will be willing to stay with you, holding your hand, telling you the very things you'll learn by reading Hoke's book, as well as the posts on the board.

And yet you do it anyway.

Get this straight. If you are unwilling to do your badly needed homework, you don't belong here. Even if it's hard for you to do, you MUST read the information that is at your disposal-----it is NO DIFFERENT from you asking questions---the answers to which you'd have to read, anyway. By doing the required reading, the number of (stupid) questions you'd ask will be reduced by a huge margin, and those you do ask will reflect the fact that you are trying to learn, but may be confused over a given passage.

I strongly advise you to keep your attitude in check. I do not tolerate anyone with attitude. It displays the fact that the individual will be trouble--it's just a matter of when it comes to the fore. In such a case, I prefer to ban early, as that prevents strife on the board.

So then, amigo, it's all about your choices. All I do is hit the keys. Make up your mind---you're willing to do your part, and read what has been advised, or you don't really want to learn how to refine, as it requires effort on your part. None of us are going to do the work for you.

Harold

pedroADV said:
niteliteone -Cost for translating book is 6500 euro, but I don´t have it so send me a Bank Check for 6500 € and I will go to translate the book. I do not read the book because I do not understand it, not because I am lazy.

Here you can translate the book for FREE, there should be no excuse to not read Hoke from this point forward. http://translate.google.com/

butcher said:
Gold will not dissolve in HCL, but oxidized gold will form a gold salt with HCl (AuCl3).
Nitric acid will not dissolve gold, but it can Oxidize the gold, (probably forming a passivated layer of oxidized gold just a guess here).
When we add an oxidizer to the hydrochloric acid HCl, the oxidizer oxidizes the gold so that the HCl will form AuCl3 in solution.
Nitric acid is only one strong oxidizer that is strong enough to oxidize gold, household bleach like you wash clothes in to get them white (sodium hypochlorite) is another, the bleach form chlorine gas in solution when mixed in acids, it is this chlorine gas that oxidizes the gold.
Once gold is in solution (dissolved)we no longer need the oxidizer, in fact the oxidizer now will not let us get our gold back out of solution.
Oxidized means the atom has a loss of electrons, reduced means to gain of electrons.
When a gold atom lost its electron it is dissolved into solution, to get the gold back out of solution we must give it back all of its electrons so that it will fall out of solutions as many gold atoms (metal gold powder), as long as there is an oxidizer in solution like nitric acid we cannot give back the gold its electrons and make it into gold powder, because the nitric acid in solution keeps on taking the electrons away from the gold, so as long as there is an oxidizer like nitric acid or chlorine in solution we cannot reduce (give back electrons) our gold back to metal.
When dissolving gold several things can help to make things work better for when you are later trying to get your gold back out of solution.
Do not dissolve gold with base metals.
Keep tin out of solution with gold.
Use only the minimum amount of oxidizer needed to get the gold dissolved (using heat to help) and to also insure all of the oxidizer has reacted before adding more.

Reading that bit of information really put a giant smile on my face... Now that was one of the many "Ah-Ha" readings which I love finding. Thanks butcher,

---

This man "Sue" (page 1)...has he been on the forum under different names? I think his writing style, the subtile undertone of "now I tell you dumbs how things are done" remembers me to an other former or passive member.

I just had my lab assistant repeat your first experiment.

My assistants...

...sounds very similarly....and both with semi-knowledged statements, as if they only have read a lot and never tried anything themselves. The same attitude of embracing their own ego, talking down to anybody else. ...well, maybe they are just soulmates... :roll:

So I got a batch of these chips with a supplier who can give me more.

1. How do I buy Hoke's book?
2. I paid USD$21.21 per chip - did I pay too much?
3. Apparently, with the bigger chip, it is possible to extract 1 gram of gold - so I am told...
4. I'm getting a whole bunch of laptops coming in, how do I work out how much gold can be extracted?

Appreciate any help :)

Thanks!

Attachments

• photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 534
motavi said:
2. I paid USD$21.21 per chip - did I pay too much?
3. Apparently, with the bigger chip, it is possible to extract 1 gram of gold - so I am told...
4. I'm getting a whole bunch of laptops coming in, how do I work out how much gold can be extracted?

2. You paid appx. twice as much as the actual gold content.
3. Pentium pro's does not have 1 gram of gold each
4. from which part/components of the laptop?

Look at the file in my signiture line, i have compiled a (very) short but accurate list of cpu's yields.

Thanks for the link to the book, Dave! Going to go through it.

samuel-a : Thanks for the link, will check that out.

We are getting the whole laptop and have to dismantle it ourselves

Hello guys, sorry if I do not speak English well but I'm using a translator.
  I have read the forum congratulations to all, I wanted to ask if anyone has updated data on the returns of gold of various CPU.

Thank you in advance for your answers

Back