metal melting points

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meeklo12345

Im new here and just been collecting fingers and misc. gold plated items for future processing. Ive read alot and im still learning and read everyday and have worked with metals my whole life basicly from automotive to tool & die. I remember reading a cell post reguading somebody trying to extract platinum & didnt boil their solution and couldnt figure out the fault or something among those lines. Furthermore I was reading today and discovered how high platinums melting point actually is and than the post made alot of sense to me. Heres a chart , P.s Is gold really going 2 be 2,000 an OZ. by X-mas 2010? :)

http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/melting-temperature-metals-d_860.html

I think you are confused between boiling of solutions containing PGM's and boiling molten metals. You will never see molten metals boiling! The boiling I think you were referring to concerns boiling solutions of aqua regia to expel the excess nitric acid before dropping out the platinum salts from the solution.

yes & the charts do demostrate to an extent the resistant properties of various metals. I understand the difference in ar and follow what you mean. , Do old video game cartridges such as n64, sega super nintendo and so on contain gold plated connections? I think im finding more and more printer cartridges im thinkin contain some gold very little but some. Im liking what im seeing on firewire cards. Hmm Im just trying to get the forum a little more active Its been dead the last week or so Ive browsed. Cheers.

Latest posts

Back