Mobile(cell) phone AR recovery

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisv

GOOD MORNING USA and other countries that are involved in this gr8 web site. USA, you got me into alot of trouble this morning, you guys give such gr8 info and conversation, that I stayed up untill early hours of this morning(UK TIME) and only got out of bed at 10:30am :lol: , was well worth it though..
OK, tonight I'm going to preform a survey as to what can be recovered off of mobile(cell) phones. I will be trying to recover mainly gold and silver, Dont know how to recover anything else yet :roll: but hey, at least this might help some of us as you's have done for me 8) .
Well, I have choped up and seperated the following bits:
Gold plate circuit board, 145Grms at least 60% cover if both sides counted
Scrap circuit brd off cuts, 156.6Grms
Circuit board components, 95.1Grms

The scrap circuit boards and components are just going to be dunked in Nitric and brought just b4 boilding point and the gold plated boards will have a 1st dose of Nitric then second stage of AR.

I will keep you all updated, Please note that I'm still new to this recovery process with one successful gold recovery to date with alot of thanks to LAZERSTEVE for his gr8 info and paitence, as I think I asked him so many questions(which some were, I'm sure silly :lol: ), but he was always willing to guide me through all the differant stages. Many Thanks Steve 8)

Have you read this post and explored the link provided?

I think you will find the source to be vast but the yields to be slim.

http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=6738&start=0&hilit=cell+phone

chrisv said:
GOOD MORNING USA and other countries that are involved in this gr8 web site. USA, you got me into alot of trouble this morning, you guys give such gr8 info and conversation, that I stayed up untill early hours of this morning(UK TIME) and only got out of bed at 10:30am :lol: , was well worth it though..
OK, tonight I'm going to preform a survey as to what can be recovered off of mobile(cell) phones. I will be trying to recover mainly gold and silver, Dont know how to recover anything else yet :roll: but hey, at least this might help some of us as you's have done for me 8) .
Well, I have choped up and seperated the following bits:
Gold plate circuit board, 145Grms at least 60% cover if both sides counted
Scrap circuit brd off cuts, 156.6Grms
Circuit board components, 95.1Grms

The scrap circuit boards and components are just going to be dunked in Nitric and brought just b4 boilding point and the gold plated boards will have a 1st dose of Nitric then second stage of AR.

I will keep you all updated, Please note that I'm still new to this recovery process with one successful gold recovery to date with alot of thanks to LAZERSTEVE for his gr8 info and paitence, as I think I asked him so many questions(which some were, I'm sure silly :lol: ), but he was always willing to guide me through all the differant stages. Many Thanks Steve 8)

Hey all.
Ok, I've been runnung for 2hrs now, looka like all the base metals are gone, after letting the solutions cool down a bit after heating, cant see any fizzing, but I'm just going to let them stand for the rest of the night, its getting a bit late here now and dont think the naighbours will be to happy with me switching on my pump now for the filter.

So. I started off as follows: Phone components, 50ml distilled water, 50ml 70% Nitric acid, alot of green/brown fumes to start off with, but died down after 10-15mins, the texture of this solution turn very muddy/thick, after a hour of heating, added another 15ml water and 15ml Nitric acid and carried on heating for another hour, last visual, still quite muddy, what seems like sand at the bottom of the beaker but no visual fizzing, its quite grey in colour.

Circuit board scrap off cuts, started off with 75ml water, 75ml Nirtic acid, not so much fumes to start off with but after 10-15mins they started to develop, alot of fizzing obviosly, aqua blue to start off but after an hour and adding another 30ml water and 30ml Nitric, heating, colour has dropped a lighter shade but visualy, fizzing has stopped with a few bits a gold flake on the surface.

Gold plated circuit board, started off exactly as per scrap off cuts as more or less the same amount in weight. When I started, a bit of fumes developed but died down not long after but when shaken fumes poured out. After a hour added same as per scrap circuit board. Just before two hours had pasted, and I let cool down, no visual fizzing, all gold flakes surfaced and looks a dark blue/purple in colour.

No mate, thanks to my 9years of construction site skills in electricals duct fitting and vetilation and plumbing skills, I managed to build a fume hood with 10mm thick glass, 4" inline ventilation system with carbon filter and of cource rubber gloves, full face screen mask and gas mask(which does come off now and again for the occasional cigg :twisted: ), should be ok. After working the sites for so long, safety becomes a second nature, just wish the kids would understand it, but hey, we were all rough and tough at that age :roll:

Latest posts

Back