Muratic Acid

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
skeeter629 said:
Guess that is what I get for trying. :lol:
Hey, no harm done. It gives me cause to investigate things I "think" I know. I'm not always right. :oops:

Harold

glondor said:
Damn we sure do get hosed up here. It is 9 bucks a gallon.

For that price, they should pre-load it with gold for you!

$4.29 a gallon at a local pool supply center here - but you have to buy a 4-gallon case minimum. When I picked up my first acid, I made the mistake of picking a 2-gallon pack up at a famous "big box" home center. The muriatic was about 1/2 the normal strength (maybe for "safety"?), and cost around $8 a gallon.

Militoy said:
glondor said:
Damn we sure do get hosed up here. It is 9 bucks a gallon.

For that price, they should pre-load it with gold for you!

$4.29 a gallon at a local pool supply center here - but you have to buy a 4-gallon case minimum. When I picked up my first acid, I made the mistake of picking a 2-gallon pack up at a famous "big box" home center. The muriatic was about 1/2 the normal strength (maybe for "safety"?), and cost around $8 a gallon.
I used to pay $57 for a 55 gallon drum.

Harold

Harold_V said:
I used to pay $57 for a 55 gallon drum.

Harold

At least the price of gold is also going through the roof - to help offset the escalating prices of chemicals and fuel!

I noticed today at the "big box" center (not the one in my link below) that the half-strength stuff is now close to $11.00 a gallon! Zoom in on the ingredients label to see what you get in the muriatic that has been "reformulated to be safer, less fumes"; and is rated "non-hazardous":

http://www.osh.com/eng/product/kem_tek_2x1_gal_pool_muriatic_acid/2821262

Those rotten suckers! Sort of reminds me of other products, where a bag of sugar, for example, is reduced from 5 pounds to 4 pounds "for your convenience", yet the price remains unchanged. I can only assume that that, too, is for my convenience. :twisted:

Harold

Harold_V said:
Those rotten suckers! Sort of reminds me of other products, where a bag of sugar, for example, is reduced from 5 pounds to 4 pounds "for your convenience", yet the price remains unchanged. I can only assume that that, too, is for my convenience. :twisted:

Harold

For all the turmoil that has been going on with the economy I have tried not to raise my prices for service work to help out my customers. And make the difference up in other areas. And as much as it hurts the public I say congrats to the farmers for finnaly getting price increases on the products they sell in the cattle and hog farms.

Latest posts

Back