My results of specific types of IC chips, flatpacks and BGA

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What do You think about ic's like that?

Attachments

• IMG_20240814_084459.jpg
    IMG_20240814_084459.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240814_084514.jpg
    IMG_20240814_084514.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240814_084506.jpg
    IMG_20240814_084506.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
i think they should not be sold to russia or china.

One other thing: They are kind of grey and have legs and numbers on the sides.

As i replied to YOUR post, it is clear i'm asking this question to YOU.
Who do you mean with "you"? the OP? the last poster in line? Santa?

Some will have excess time to go and decipher the codes on the chips or recognize them, but this is a very lazy question to me.
What type of chips are they?
what production year? are they all the same or similar? Did you use the search function at all?

"here's pictures, please give me yields" is kind of disrespectful imo.

not sure. have you ran them?

if you do, why don't you post your results here, so others can see how they turned out?

hope you can overlook that disrespectful replies and continue contributing to this forum.
As I see it, the reply were spot on, there was not enough information to decode his intent with the post and to whom it was addressed.

We still have no mind reading module in this forum.

So a minimum will be to whom a question is asked and an actual question.
Additionally in this setting a description on what kind of chips and where it came from would help tremendously.

As I see it, the reply were spot on, there was not enough information to decode his intent with the post and to whom it was addressed.

We still have no mind reading module in this forum.

So a minimum will be to whom a question is asked and an actual question.
Additionally in this setting a description on what kind of chips and where it came from would help tremendously.
i'm not sure what "we still have no mind reading module in this forum." means. can you check translation?

as far as the rules of the forum go, it would be nice if the rules were for EVERYONE to be respectful to each other. not just as a weapon of the moderators against the members who are trying to defend themselves from being disrespected by a couple particular moderators and well-known members who seem to want to hinder conversation. it's pretty simple, if there's a post that you don't like, don't respond to it. there's no need to be disrespectful. and there's no need to turn what is supposed to be an open-conversation forum into a bureaucrat-filled house of rules. that only restricts open-conversation.

The chips look good, but whats inside.
Do you have sulfuric acid.
Test 1 chip at a time if they are different.
Put some drops of sulfuric carefully on the top middle area of chip in beaker to dissolve the plastic.
You may have to heat it a little with extreme care. This is risky. A person can get hurt easily.
Wash it off when its done.
Do not use this method for all, its a mess of waste and dangerous. I should not even speak of it.
Non supported method/activity using sulfuric. I may get x'ed out for even mentioning.
I did not do this but got these in some scrap many years ago.
This picture I took had something to do with the testing and manufacture of these IC's.

Please if this is an inappropriate post lets delete it.

Attachments

• 20240814_161229.jpg
    20240814_161229.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
'demanding respect' is a long stretch from just being a guy standing up to some bullies for an uninformed fellow forum member that is asking simple questions and being treated with disrespect. here i thought offending people was against the forum rules. apparently, that's a one-way-only rule, huh?

'demanding respect' is a long stretch from just being a guy standing up to some bullies for an uninformed fellow forum member that is asking simple questions and being treated with disrespect. here i thought offending people was against the forum rules. apparently, that's a one-way-only rule, huh?
Seriously, this site is loaded with information, and talented, educated people. To ask a question that is not researched or pointed is a waste of time, unless you enjoy playing 20 questions. Let's not get into whose feelings got hurt, that has no place here ...

i'm not sure what "we still have no mind reading module in this forum." means. can you check translation?

as far as the rules of the forum go, it would be nice if the rules were for EVERYONE to be respectful to each other. not just as a weapon of the moderators against the members who are trying to defend themselves from being disrespected by a couple particular moderators and well-known members who seem to want to hinder conversation. it's pretty simple, if there's a post that you don't like, don't respond to it. there's no need to be disrespectful. and there's no need to turn what is supposed to be an open-conversation forum into a bureaucrat-filled house of rules. that only restricts open-conversation.
That simply means: We can't read minds.
In other words rephrase the question so we understand who, if anyone you are asking the question to and exactly what the question is.
Not all simple questions have simple answers.
When that is said there are no database on chip yields here, this thread is the closest we have.
And we encourage all our members to study themselves.
Reading the thread in which you post should be a minimum.
We the moderators are in here on our free time with no compensation and have little time to tender hurt feelings.
Personally I tend to focus more on avoiding that people do not hurt themselves and their surroundings.
For that, studies and reading are a must, so I kind of lose patience with those that do not even try to do their own studies.
I find that disrespectful.
Now, let's get back to what we like to do here, refining!

Edit for spelling.

Last edited:

At best - those chips will yield "about" 0.5 grams per kilo (or 0.23 grams per pound)

I say "at best" because that yield depends a "great deal" on how well you do in the many steps you need to go through to recover the gold & you will likely loose "some" gold at each of those steps

So - depending on how well you do at each of those steps by the end of all the processing you can end up losing 10% - 20% & even as high as 30 - 40% of the expected 0.5 grams per kilo

Kurt

The chips look good, but whats inside.
Do you have sulfuric acid.
Test 1 chip at a time if they are different.
Put some drops of sulfuric carefully on the top middle area of chip in beaker to dissolve the plastic.
You may have to heat it a little with extreme care. This is risky. A person can get hurt easily.
Wash it off when its done.
Do not use this method for all, its a mess of waste and dangerous. I should not even speak of it.
Non supported method/activity using sulfuric. I may get x'ed out for even mentioning.
I did not do this but got these in some scrap many years ago.
This picture I took had something to do with the testing and manufacture of these IC's.

Please if this is an inappropriate post lets delete it.

The chips in your pics are way better yield then the chips in the OPs post

That is because the chips in your pics have more wires on the outside edges of the chips then the wires on the outside edges of the OPs chips

Each wire on the out side edge of the chip has a gold bond wire on the inside of the chip - so more wires on the outside means more gold bond wires on the inside

So the chips in you chips are higher yield then the chips in the OPs pics

The chips in the OPs pics "at best" will only yield about 0.5 grams per kilo - they are low yield chips

Kurt

Latest posts

Back