NaOH + Ca Hypochlorite

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

makmur mulia

Folks, I just join the forum. This is a great site indeed to enhance my knowledge
Just read an article at
http://www.nuggethunters.org/Leaching.txt
Curious to do a small experiment on tailing dump
Questions: The process is at room, isn't it? Any idea how long the process takes time?
It say "This method can be used on any amounts of concentrates you need to Leach from a pound to a mountain of heap leach
covering a football field." How effective gold recovery happens?
Tons of thanks.

makmur mulia said:
Folks, I just join the forum. This is a great site indeed to enhance my knowledge
Just read an article at
http://www.nuggethunters.org/Leaching.txt
Curious to do a small experiment on tailing dump
Questions: The process is at room, isn't it? Any idea how long the process takes time?
It say "This method can be used on any amounts of concentrates you need to Leach from a pound to a mountain of heap leach
covering a football field." How effective gold recovery happens?
Tons of thanks.
The simple base-side chlorine leach you describe should work... unless you have black sand in your ore or copper or sulfides or graphite or the gold is bound up in carbonates or the ore is not ground to a talcum powder fineness or a hundred other things that make the simple not so simple. All I can say is try it. Nothing in the procedure is particularly dangerous so give it a shot.

could you not skip all of the halabalew, and juse use bleach, sodium hypochlorite, that is already made? I little lye and regular bleach, how bout some of the real chemist letting me know.

thanks
jim

james122964 said:
could you not skip all of the halabalew, and juse use bleach, sodium hypochlorite, that is already made? I little lye and regular bleach, how bout some of the real chemist letting me know.

thanks
jim
Of course you could. Should probably be done at a mild acidic level as well say between 3.0 and 4.0. Who cares if some of the chlorine gasses off? It's cheap.

Latest posts

Back