Need Advice

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi I'm new here I live in an apartment complex and it's unsafe for me to use the harsh acids to separate gold from the other material I didn't know if there is another safer way to go about it that wouldn't get me in trouble in a complex
Or have it toll refined for a percentage by a hobby member that lives nearby.
Now as most members have dropped e waste as the margins are not profitable enough for them, selling it as suggested may be the best option. Maby you can cherry pick the high yield components to refine and sell the rest.

i have seen some youtube videos where people get 5-10kg of BGA's and get 10 or more grams of gold, So do these guys have 1000kg or more kg motherboards to depopulate to get 5-10kg's of BGA or im just wrong
If you want to see real results, watch sreetips on youtube, you will have accurate data for sure.

To begin with, youtube will throw you off big time, some guys start with little material but the end result is spectacularly huge considering the starting material.

Some youtubers are just magicians when it comes to gold recovery from computer parts.

Good yield material is north-southbridge BGA chips from motherboards, you can get 1 or 2 from 1 motherboard, 1 from graphic cards if you are lucky....you will need approximatley 100 motherboards to get approx. 0,5-0,6 kg of BGA`s. note that these BGA`s vary in size and weight, depending on the manufacturer.

Now you can calculate how much you need for 10kg of material to start with...

If you have your material, then the "fun" begins to recover the gold...

I often say, start with RAM, you cannot fail with that if you follow the process step by step, if you master the basics, start building on that.

Read Hoke`s book, then read it again, and when you think you have understood it, well start reading it again, for your surprise, you will still find new things that you have skipped the first two times...I thought it was a joke when i first got this advice.....well it`s not.

Quote by Louis Pasteur: “Fortune favors the prepared mind.”

Be safe

Pete

Latest posts

Back