Need Help....Soon.

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Mark

Hello evryone,
I have a problem. I found some gold ore in an old gold mine. I used poor man's aqua regea, 32%Hcl(2 parts) household bleach(1 part). I saw what looked like gold precipitating and was, like, GREAT!
When I tried to melt the gold powder in a crucible I was left with a black brittle lump, Not gold. When I sent off for testing only trace amounts of gold were present. The orange powder was majorilly IronChloride. Bummer.
But I'm not licked and I'm not going to give up. What I need now is an iron precipitator. For silver, uniodized table salt. For platinum, amonium chloride. For gold, sulfer metabisulfate.
My question is: what product/chemical do I use to precipitate Iron and only from Aqua Regea?
Next question is: Do you also have one for copper?
Sodium metabisulfate seems to dump everything out of solution. Need some help from the chemists.
Thanks,
Mark

you need an amnesia pill. :shock: :lol:

seriously, forget everything you think you know and download a copy of C.M. Hokes book "refining precious metal waste" http://tinyurl.com/mfnyhs

read this book and then read it again.

I agree with Geo, you need to do some reading. Poor man's AR does not have any bleach in it, and I am very surprised to hear that your sample had any Gold left in it after the way you treated it. There are some links in my signature line that you should start with.

Latest posts

Back