Need help with 2 batches AR not sure what did wrong

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minerman13119

a [/bI am new here and I have never been real good at forums so please every one forgive me if this is in the wrong area? If it is will some one please move it to the right place for me thank you! Now I have read hoke I don't u.nderstand some of it some I do so Im reading it again.

Now for the problem I have I have used the HCL/peroxide many times all with great succes and I have used AR many times with great succes but I always used storm preciptant to drop gold. Well a buddie told me I should give metabisulphite a try see which I get a better yield from so I did and what a mess I have. I have 2 batches of 2000ml each of AR setting the 1st batch after using urea there is this greyish film looking stuff in bottem even after filtering it 3 times. Now the 2nd batch after using the metabisulphite when all settled it just looks like white powder at the bottom no mud looking stuff at all.

Has anyone had any this happen to them? If so what did I do wrong? Is all my gold lost lord I hope not? Any help would be appreciated a million times over!

minerman13119 said:
a [/bI am new here and I have never been real good at forums so please every one forgive me if this is in the wrong area? If it is will some one please move it to the right place for me thank you! Now I have read hoke I don't u.nderstand some of it some I do so Im reading it again.

Now for the problem I have I have used the HCL/peroxide many times all with great succes and I have used AR many times with great succes but I always used storm preciptant to drop gold. Well a buddie told me I should give metabisulphite a try see which I get a better yield from so I did and what a mess I have. I have 2 batches of 2000ml each of AR setting the 1st batch after using urea there is this greyish film looking stuff in bottem even after filtering it 3 times. Now the 2nd batch after using the metabisulphite when all settled it just looks like white powder at the bottom no mud looking stuff at all.

Has anyone had any this happen to them? If so what did I do wrong? Is all my gold lost lord I hope not? Any help would be appreciated a million times over!

Where did you get your metabisulphite?

Jim

I bought from a guy on ebay user name sparky112 item number 130733077185 he has sold tons chemicals excellant feedback

So I figured I did something wrong Im lost I dont know what to do and I dont want to scrap it I'm searching every where your for a answer

Cement your gold with copper and while your waiting the day or so it takes read this.Note the key words copper, cement, ar.
http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&keywords=ar+copper+cement
Then start back over after reading Hoke and figuring out your mistakes.

Hey minerman,

What was your starting material in the AR and what did your stannous test say?
I think these two questions will better help everyone to help you.

Hope all goes well,
Chris

Thanks Palladium will do.

Ok I started out with 6oz 24Kt gold plated brand new connectors then I had around 7oz of heavy gold plated grounding blocks setting around the house after all was done it tested 18kt flying colors now as for 22kt it disappeared real slow so I'm thinking its close to 22kt but not sure what the base metal was guys.

minerman13119 said:
Thanks Palladium will do.

Ok I started out with 6oz 24Kt gold plated brand new connectors then I had around 7oz of heavy gold plated grounding blocks setting around the house after all was done it tested 18kt flying colors now as for 22kt it disappeared real slow so I'm thinking its close to 22kt but not sure what the base metal was guys.

That sounds like material you would do better using a sulfuric cell on.

Jim

Ill have to read up on them I've never used a cell device before I've heard there sweet just never used one. I think I seen something on here about one?

minerman13119 said:
Ill have to read up on them I've never used a cell device before I've heard there sweet just never used one. I think I seen something on here about one?

Check in Lazer Steves signature for links to his site and watch the videos. They help explain what reading sometimes doesn't get across.
http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=8

http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=87

Jim

Have you guys talked with goldpete, informing him that texting is not permissible here?

Harold

EDIT

I am adamant that there be no texting lingo spoken on this forum. Because my admonition to edit the post in question was ignored, it has been deleted. If further posts from this reader include texting lingo, he will be banned immediately.

If you folks wish to remain on good terms, do not use texting lingo here. It offers too many chances for error, plus it may be confusing for some of our readers, who do not use English as a first language

yes. goldpete, be careful when your typing and never substitute texting lingo for actual words, like typing "U" when you mean "you" or using the number "2" when you mean "to" or "too".

Latest posts

Back