need help with droping gold

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheechQ

hello everyone
this is what i've done so far i put some scrap fingers and cell phone parts into muriatic acid + peroxide to remove the foils.Then i put in muriatic acid + clorox to dissolve the gold then it through some Filter and then i add smb to drop the gold and this is what i got. please help i'am new to this all but i did watch some of lazersteve video.

Attachments

• IMG_0187.JPG
    IMG_0187.JPG
    1,000.7 KB
  • IMG_0188.JPG
    IMG_0188.JPG
    1.4 MB
here is a up date and some more pic with some more questions
first pic is up date.
questions
1- pic 2 is muriatic acid + peroxide with smb to drop the gold why the 2 colors and i sum the brownish color at the bottom is gold :?:
2- pic 3 is muriatic acid + clorox with smb to drop gold but stayed the golden brown color with the some liking power on the bottom :?:
3 - pic 4 is muriatic acid + peroxide with smb to drop the gold but has a nice green color to not like pic 2.
so pic 2 and 3 are from the same batch and 4 is the batch from the pic post eariler and they all have the brownish color on bottom and it moves vary easy if you move the contanier to much.
thanks for all your help we all have to live and learn from are mistakes

Attachments

• IMG_0192.JPG
    IMG_0192.JPG
    739.6 KB
  • IMG_0189.JPG
    IMG_0189.JPG
    1 MB
  • IMG_0190.JPG
    IMG_0190.JPG
    1.3 MB
  • IMG_0191.JPG
    IMG_0191.JPG
    640.1 KB
-Brown powder should be gold.
-You must wait for the chlorine to dissipate before gold will drop from Clorox solution.

-I totally must disagree with this statement "we all have to live and learn from are mistakes"

Now with this forum it is possible to learn from others mistakes, and the advice from those with many years of experience. If you do your homework and don't rush things. Yes, you will still make mistakes and learn along the way, but the possibility of making mistakes is greatly reduced with this forum and some studying.

Also, you never mention amount of your starting materials, that will provide some insight.

Jim

not a hole lot maybe 150 gram of just the finger tips and 3 cell phone boards 2 batchs. didn't what to do alot just for this reason.just wanted to see if i could get the gold to drop

cheechQ said:
not a hole lot maybe 150 gram of just the finger tips and 3 cell phone boards 2 batchs. didn't what to do alot just for this reason.just wanted to see if i could get the gold to drop

For future batches keep each type of material separate, it makes things easier.
You probably have less than half a gram of gold from the fingers, it may be in the solution and not dropping from the chlorine.
This batch isn't that big a deal, put it to the side and study what went wrong and how to fix it, and do the next batch without any problems. That includes waiting until you have stannous.

When I started Lazer Steve's videos gave me the courage to finally start refining my material.
And it went exactly as planned as the videos explained, by following his instructions exactly.
So now you know why I can say his videos can absolutely guide you through. Take notes.

Jim

steyr223 said:
Hi all
Did i miss something. Is he trying to. add SMB to
his A/p.
he mentioned both A/P and hcl/bleach so I assume
It is his spent(used) A/P
Thanks steyr223 rob
That's what I read! I think that he needs a little more studying!

cheechQ,
It is exciting melting that first gold button, good job, I noticed you have not been a member long and already have melted your first button, I cannot wait to see how you do after you have some time and have more studying behind you, good job.

Caution looking at that yellow metal to much can create a condition known as gold fever, it is a very addicting condition.

Latest posts

Back