need information

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sonford

I am new here and not a gold collector. I am in the cleanup industry. I am just looking for information on a material called Bahamian Refining Company Selective Gold Collector. If anyone has an MSDS that they could share I would appreciate it.
Thanks,

Trade secrets and special formulas for mining environmentally friendly, using electrolysis and resin exchange, using their special equipment, sounds like a large expensive mining kit selling you common chemicals with their machines, to collect values from your ore and into their pocket. I doubt they are going to tell you what common chemicals their system uses, I see this type of system as a way of selling you something you could probably put together for a lot less money, not being tied to this company and their high prices for secret formulas and secret processes, a way for them to chain your wallet to their product, with their secret formulas and processes, which are most likely common knowledge. Sounds like this snake oil sales man is in the mining business, although I have been wrong several times before something make's me feel I am not about this special process.

This could just be another new twist on an old scam.

If you find out different let me know.

i have had some experience using resins from lewatitt specifically tp214 which absorbs only gold an silver, once the resin is fully charged it is roasted and burn away leaving just the metals behind. i found it not to be too expensive and it can be used with a number of different leaching processes, i used it with cyanide and with AR respectively with great success, there are a number of different resins that they supply and even to remove iron and copper which then made precipitation a lot easier.

Bahamian Refining Company seems to be a Phoenix AZ based company, which apparently has no own webpage. To me it is not clear even, if this company exists still today. So, I can fully agree with butchers answer.

Actually, there is no big secret among the use of ion-exchange resins in the recovery of gold and other precious metals. Au, Pt, Pd, dissolved in AR, exist as anionic (negatively charged ions) chloro-complexes, which are absorbed in preference to a lot of other anions on anion-exchange resins. Eventually also dissolved base-metals usually are cations (positively charged ions) and thus not absorbed by these resins. In the plating-industry gold from diluted rinse-solutions, originating from cyanidic gold-plating, can be concentrated and recovered selectively by absorption on an anion-exchange resin. The loaden resin, depending on it's type (weak or strong base) can then be burnt down (strong base) to the metal or even be regenerated (weak base) with lye (aqueous NaOH-solution) and thereafter with diluted acid, to bring it back into it's active form, able to absorb another load of gold from very diluted gold-cyanide solution.

Latest posts

Back