neutralize AQUA REGIA

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

k_fassi

I saw before someone neutralize AQUA REGIA with Sodium hydroxide do you think it is better to use something else.

and to drop gold he was use hydrazine do you think it is Better than SMB .

can you help me in that
thanks

Search denox on the forum and you'll find a whole host of answers - and welcome.

Jon

they neutralize it before drop the gold

i saw that in china and they was use Hydrazine to drop gold after neutralize.

i always use SMB for drop gold .

I share this photo with you to show you the result .
i wish hear your opinion

Attachments

• DSC0828.jpg
    DSC0828.jpg
    538.2 KB
What material did you start with and how much material are you processing at a time?

The picture you posted shows metal in need of further processing. You can do better. Read the thread I posted the link for above.

i have something like to know are i can use Ammonia solution to kill nitric or it is better to use sulfamic acid

thanks for your support

FrugalRefiner said:
Ammonia can cause difficulties in dropping PGMs and under certain circumstances it can create explosive compounds. Stick with sulfamic acid.

Dave

thanks so much Dave

4metals said:
What material did you start with and how much material are you processing at a time?

The picture you posted shows metal in need of further processing. You can do better. Read the thread I posted the link for above.

@ 4metals the material i use is E waste from PC and now i built a small business to recover gold from E waste then i write this topic to learn from you the best way i can recover gold and other Precious metals and not lose something .
I'm sure you more experience than me and you will be helpful to me.

i read the the theard you sent and it was helpful for me.

about the photo i posted you said it need further processing. please can you explain to me what i can do

thanks so much for your support

Only make additions of Nitric Acid, so much as is needed. Preventing excess Nitric Acid is far better than neutralizing it after. You should only make small additions of Nitric, so that there is so little left over, you can drive it off with heat alone.

If you have a solution that has too much Nitric Acid left over from your initial reaction, you could always dissolve a known quantity of gold into solution, or you could drive it off using heat.

Scott

The past few days after my AR solution dissolve all the gold foils i diluted with water equal 3 times more than the AR solution and after i add a few mls of Sodium Hydroxide there was no reaction (that happen to all of my AR solutions) and then i add SMB diluted with water and the drop of gold was a successes i test my solution after for gold with SC and it was negative . I think the water diluted the nitric acid and didn't need for Sodium Hydroxide.

I wouldn't add sodium hydroxide before reducing my gold.

If your goal is to eliminate excess nitric acid, there are better ways to go about it. Add in increments to avoid adding too much, add a gold button to consume the excess, use sulfamic acid...

Depending on what other metals are in solution with your gold, the sodium hydroxide could cause other metals to precipitate, contaminating your gold.

You also need your solution to be acidic to react with the SMB to create SO2. Bringing your solution too close to neutral could cause problems reducing your gold.

Dave

FrugalRefiner said:
I wouldn't add sodium hydroxide before reducing my gold.

If your goal is to eliminate excess nitric acid, there are better ways to go about it. Add in increments to avoid adding too much, add a gold button to consume the excess, use sulfamic acid...

Depending on what other metals are in solution with your gold, the sodium hydroxide could cause other metals to precipitate, contaminating your gold.

You also need your solution to be acidic to react with the SMB to create SO2. Bringing your solution too close to neutral could cause problems reducing your gold.

Dave
You mean add a gold button before i filter it and after the reaction stops filter it and take back what remains of my gold button?, and if i test my AR solution after the drop with Stanous Chloride and its negative i am fine right..?

arisas said:
You mean add a gold button before i filter it and after the reaction stops filter it and take back what remains of my gold button?, and if i test my AR solution after the drop with Stanous Chloride and its negative i am fine right..?
Correct. If you're interested in accountability, weigh the button before you add it, and again after you remove it.

Dave

Latest posts

Back