new at this

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bradybrat

Can some one tell me what I need to get my gold out of my Nitric Acid?
I don't want to pay 500 for sub zero kit. I am trying this at home on my own and not shure what I am doing. Lol.

Start here
http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=796#p6873

Download and read this book it is a must do!
View attachment 2815953-Refining-Precious-Metal-Wastes-C-M-Hoke.pdf

It sounds like your another victim of the shor system, you have much to learn, but your in the right place you just have to put in the foot work!

Welcome to the forum! :)

Edit: For your own safety put your chemicals away, (your gold is not going anywhere unless you through it away), until you fully understand the risks of how to properly handle these hazardous chemicals.

Gold will not be dissolved in nitric acid alone, nitric acid will not hold gold, gold will dissolve in an acidic solution of hydrochloric acid and nitric acid, forming gold chloride, gold chloride will stay in a solution of nitric and an chloride solution, until the nitric is removed from the gold chloride solution, and some other chemical reaction is used to precipitate or replace the gold from solution.

To learn to recover and refine gold there is no need for a $500-dollar kit of fertilizer sold as a proprietary chemical, the solutionto your problem is free and only takes a little studying.

Hoke's book, and reading the forum, you will learn more than the folks who sell that kit of fertilizer to uneducated people trying to get gold,.

You will learn secrets unrevealed to people before this forum was formed.

Taking cnbarr's advice will get you started in the right direction.

You have some work to do in educating yourself before trying to use acids to recover and refine valuable metals, like protecting your health, and the health of others, understanding proper procedures for the materials you are working with, how to deal with the toxic waste you generate safely, getting an understanding of the reactions involved, so that you are not just wasting your time dissolving and losing your valuable metals.

Welcome to the forum

Take Butchers advice and educate yourself befoe going any further read through hokes book a couple of times I have read through it 4 times now and have 10 pages of hand written reference notes just to help me better grasp the processes involved, I made the mistake of trying that shur system and after much headaches learned the hard way that they make it seem way to easy to be true

Latest posts

Back