New member... and just a heads up for Admin

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aah the second screen.
Well as you see there is no ads there, so I would have a chat with my network provider.
Since this seem specific to your network.
since its a google ad... it might be attached to google which is the browser i use... IF you have a google search, try to register there
this might be my issue because i use the google lol

since its a google ad... it might be attached to google which is the browser i use... IF you have a google search, try to register there
this might be my issue because i use the google lol
I used google to get the right address, but as I said I used a browser called Vivaldi.
Try changing your browser and see if the problem persist.
I have used Safari, Opera, Vivaldi and Firefox with no issues.
Maybe even Chrome, can't remember that part.

I am assuming you click the register on the upper right of page initially, get the info page, fill it out with all required info, then again hit register at the bottom. Sometimes it is a very simple protocol, with a very minor error. Just checking.

Just reread the thread. Sorry, I can see you are already registered as Akrigon. You did manage your settings as prescribed in the original thread? Maybe it is easier to do on a laptop. Hope this helps.

Just to add to this and hopefully help. I’m experiencing the exact behavior described by Akragon. To recreate the problem, I logged out of my previously registered session and then refreshed my page. I then selected the “register” at the page top which takes the potential registrant to the registration details page. Once on the registration details page, the “registration” button at the bottom is covered by ads. Nothing I did allowed me to uncover the “register” button without resizing my iPhone’s screen. Pic attached. I’m using Apple iPhone 13 and Safari browser. Most recent GA (generally anvailable) updates with version 16.2. After I log back in, all is well again because I’ve set my settings for no ads. I can see how this would be a potential problem for new members.

Attachments

• DFCCD26F-373C-434C-9D96-234B96B63E98.jpeg
    DFCCD26F-373C-434C-9D96-234B96B63E98.jpeg
    290.2 KB · Views: 0
I just played a bit with this and it’s definitely Google Ads. The ad policy in google says if you want to stop the ads, go to the current site’s ad settings. I don’t think you can adjust settings if you’re not a registered user. Turns into a viscous circle I guess until one gets registered. Pics attached. One pic is Google’s policy. Second pic is of screen 100% covered with ads. Yikes!

Attachments

• 38331DFE-0AE5-4260-A7B4-CF275908E60A.jpeg
    38331DFE-0AE5-4260-A7B4-CF275908E60A.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 306A660F-95A4-4487-A275-50C0F59D963A.jpeg
    306A660F-95A4-4487-A275-50C0F59D963A.jpeg
    726.2 KB · Views: 0
Just to add to this and hopefully help. I’m experiencing the exact behavior described by Akragon. To recreate the problem, I logged out of my previously registered session and then refreshed my page. I then selected the “register” at the page top which takes the potential registrant to the registration details page. Once on the registration details page, the “registration” button at the bottom is covered by ads. Nothing I did allowed me to uncover the “register” button without resizing my iPhone’s screen. Pic attached. I’m using Apple iPhone 13 and Safari browser. Most recent GA (generally anvailable) updates with version 16.2. After I log back in, all is well again because I’ve set my settings for no ads. I can see how this would be a potential problem for new members.
glad to know im not the only person with this problem... im generally pretty tech savvy but this had me stumped for a while... i just wanted to register so i could participate... but this ad at the bottom stopped me for at least a good month every time i tried to register or even send a message to see IF someone could help.... glad i figured out zooming out quite a bit helps the situation.

i thought it needed to give the admin a heads up just in case others might have the same issue... at least now i know i can't be the only one..... Thanks again everyone! :)

yup... windows 10... and iphone 8
it literally blocks the entire bottom of the screen... you scroll down to register and the button is completely blocked... i tried to send a message to the site admin and the same thing happened... couldn't send it... i even tried it on my VR lappy...which is Only for VR purposes... supermachine lol... same thing. its site specific... my forum ATS used to have that same issue, needless to say they removed that particular banner from the bottom :)
I have an iPhone 7, and the ads can be a pain, but the link to the registration screen is in the black bar at the top. It takes me to another window which is ad free.

Once registered you can turn the ads off

glad to know im not the only person with this problem... im generally pretty tech savvy but this had me stumped for a while... i just wanted to register so i could participate... but this ad at the bottom stopped me for at least a good month every time i tried to register or even send a message to see IF someone could help.... glad i figured out zooming out quite a bit helps the situation.

i thought it needed to give the admin a heads up just in case others might have the same issue... at least now i know i can't be the only one..... Thanks again everyone! :)
Yep. I was in tech support for years and the first thing I do is try to recreate the problem 😊. Glad you got past it and joined us. If I forgot to say it…. Welcome to the forum 👍

I use Firefox and NoScript. I have not seen an ad in years, unless I decide to enable them for some reason. NoScript does break some sites on occasion, but the necessary access can usually be enabled without enabling any ads.

Back