New to this and saftey first 5-55 gal barrels full of ewaste

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
texan said:
Not sure if English is his first language...or if it is he did poorly on the "Student Use of English" test. However there are subsets and pockets of big city life that are are greatly mangling the "Queen's English" with the use of texting. They then try to carry that over to general computer use. We have had some examples of that here already. I am sure there is a modern day "Henry Higgins" who could spot where he is from by his phraseology.

Texan
For the record, if readers bring their *clever* texting jingo to this forum, they can expect to be ignored, and even banned if they fail to heel. Information provided on this forum can be dangerous in the hands of fools. If they alter the least word by shortening, they risk exposing others to something that doesn't work as expected, or even to risks of their well being. We expect things to be spelled out correctly, to the best of everyone's ability. There is no room for slackers here.

It would be wise for all readers to ignore anyone that refuses to use proper English. Make exceptions for those that don't use it as their native tongue, for they are doing the best they can. Those that are lazy (almost always accompanied by an entitlement attitude) and expect to keep on keepin' on won't last long here.

Harold

When I was in journalism school, in what now seems like another life, we used the Associated Press Stylebook. We were essentially "out of uniform" if we did not have ours with us at all times when we were writing for publication. The AP Stylebook is a collection of standard usege of words, terms, names and other useful informaton. I just looked at mine and it is a 2000 edition...it is time to retire it and get the new book. I recomend the Stylebook for anyone that writes for public consumption...which includes this forum.

Texan

texan said:
When I was in journalism school, in what now seems like another life, we used the Associated Press Stylebook. We were essentially "out of uniform" if we did not have ours with us at all times when we were writing for publication. The AP Stylebook is a collection of standard usege of words, terms, names and other usefull informaton. I just looked at mine and it is a 2000 edition...it is time to retire it and get the new book. I recomend the Stylebook for anyone that writes for public consumption...which includes this forum.

Texan
Heh! What are you saying? Could it be that the one I have (Copyright 1977) is out of date? :oops:

Harold

LOL... this thread made me laugh several times. I had an image of that guy flying into a bug zapper... ZZZZZZZZtttttttt!! You're outta here! Thank you for that. I am glad I am not the only one with a low tolerance for lazy morons. Motivated morons I can handle... but... well you know.

CW

Harold_V said:
texan said:
When I was in journalism school, in what now seems like another life, we used the Associated Press Stylebook. We were essentially "out of uniform" if we did not have ours with us at all times when we were writing for publication. The AP Stylebook is a collection of standard usege of words, terms, names and other usefull informaton. I just looked at mine and it is a 2000 edition...it is time to retire it and get the new book. I recomend the Stylebook for anyone that writes for public consumption...which includes this forum.

Texan
Heh! What are you saying? Could it be that the one I have (Copyright 1977) is out of date? :oops:

Harold

Harold.... here you go...you can order a new one....

http://www.apstylebook.com/

Texan

jimdoc said:
Is this it on PDF?

alumni.imsa.edu/org/hadron/ap.pdf

If you copy and paste it into the address bar it should work,
don't know why the link isn't a link?

Jim

Yes, that is the 2000 edition...naughty...naughty....

I am surprised the AP has not had that removed...they can get real cranky about their copyrighted material.

I just put the 2011 edition on my iPhone thru the APP Store.

Texan

jimdoc said:
Is this it on PDF?

alumni.imsa.edu/org/hadron/ap.pdf

If you copy and paste it into the address bar it should work,
don't know why the link isn't a link?

Jim

http://alumni.imsa.edu/org/hadron/ap.pdf

texan said:
Harold.... here you go...you can order a new one....

http://www.apstylebook.com/

Texan
Thanks, Texan. I'll put it on my wish list. It certainly can do no harm to have one. I have absolutely no training as a writer and know I need help.

Harold

you all should have told him "yea if those were the instructions u read then go for it " lol ...I am pretty new to this but realize already after reading most of the info here several times, there is no easy shortcut to processing all material @ once and unless you have acess to an incenerator, extensive lab, and some sheepskins on the wall it would be better to keep it simple. I am still depopulating my boards and seperating material while I learn the processes and reactions by making the various chemicals and acids needed. I started simple by making sodium nitrate from amonia nitrate and lye. I will repeat this stage of learning until I can make all the chemicals sucessfully as my piles grow.....

capt_dugout said:
you all should have told him "yea if those were the instructions u read then go for it " lol ...I am pretty new to this but realize already after reading most of the info here several times, there is no easy shortcut to processing all material @ once and unless you have acess to an incenerator, extensive lab, and some sheepskins on the wall it would be better to keep it simple. I am still depopulating my boards and seperating material while I learn the processes and reactions by making the various chemicals and acids needed. I started simple by making sodium nitrate from amonia nitrate and lye. I will repeat this stage of learning until I can make all the chemicals sucessfully as my piles grow.....

I find this whole thing rather funny, I for one correct people when they use words wrong or misspell them. Not saying when I write in sentence form my use of ,.""?! is the best but I always try my best. Or my grammar is of college material but yet again I try, and I always accept comments or corrections as long as it isnt degrating or demeaning to myself. I do agree with you Capt I for one do ask question on occassion, but that is cause I am one of those "hands on type" and I dont understand from reading. And yes I have received the read from the noobs section, and I try my best. Me personally I am also doing the same thing, collecting as I learn. If I see something that is electronic in the trash or if I pass a yard sale and its for sale very cheap as in 25 or 50 cents depending on size. I do believe in collecting and reading and learning this hobby or business for some before even attempting. As for this guy I would of found all the CPU's if any and snipped fingers from any cards. Basically if anything was read he would of known what to take and what not and the rest sold to a company that will refine it. I mean 5 55gal drums would be alot of e waste and alot of weight so he would of recieved a good check at the end of the month.

Latest posts

Back