newbie with pins

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcorley001

This one should be simple but I'll end up starting another thread because of some of the material I'll be working with. First issue, pins. Eace board has 9360 of the. Should be about 1248 grams. The coloris closeer to what you would see on 18 kt. They are "barely" attracted to a very strong rare earth magnet. I'm doing this on a budget and I have already begun to order parts from Steve to build a cell. First issue. I will eventually get a heavier charger but right now all I have is a bench supply that will do 5v at 2 amps. I can get it to 20 volts but it drops to 20 ma. will this work? The pins are 1.25 in length. They are coming out of a backplane that connected boards on both sides. They have never been soldered and I am pulling them by hand. Not sure if any of this last information is going to be of much help. Guess I was anxious and 100 grams of pins in Muriatic and have been applying heat. The gold is deplating in very small pieces but there is a lot left on the pins. Do I filter and wash and then just add it to the Sulphuric cell when it's finished? thanks..

I'll go ahead and post a pic. I'm hoping someone else has worked with this type of pinThe 9360 was for the longer pin there are about 64 of the shorter pins. Any idea on the yield?

Attachments

• IMG_0310.JPG
    IMG_0310.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 232
you really need 12v at 6-8 amps. any more amps will heat the electrolyte quickly. what you have will strip very slowly in a cell with such low voltage. i would pull the pins from the muriatic acid and rinse and dry and wait for the cell to get up and running.

Latest posts

Back