Nice Burner Torch

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, Claudie....You asked for it. Happy to oblige. Sorry I couldn't figure out how to put more pictures into one message with text in between.

bswartzwelder said:
Well, Claudie....You asked for it. Happy to oblige. Sorry I couldn't figure out how to put more pictures into one message with text in between.
Bert,

Once you've attached a file to a post or PM, you'll find a new "Attachments" section right below the text edit box. It will show your attachment(s). If you've added more than one, you can use the little arrow control just to the right of the name to select the one you want. Just a little farther right, you'll see a button labeled "Place inline". With the attachment you want to place selected, move your cursor in the edit box to where you want to place the attachment just like you were going to add more text, then click the "Place inline" button.

Dave

I know this is an old thread, I sought it out because I finally bought myself a propane torch. (Yay!) And 1 hour in am already considering how to best modify it.
The question was raised; when drilling the orifice, should one turn the work or the bit?

Butcher touched on it when he spake thus:
Small bits break easy if the tool that holds and turns the bit, or the work is not held in alignment, too much pressure can bend the bit while it is turning, as the bit gets to the end of the work, at the point of coming out of the other end of the work is another point where the bit can jam and break.
Working forever in electronics and making my own PCBs since about a 14yo, I've always worked tiny bits with a hand drill, but only down to 0.7mm. This is almost half that again! So when working with such small size, surely turning the bit (either by hand or machine) will be far more accurate than turning the work. If the work is in a lathe and you miss by just 0.1mm, that's a whopping 25% which will surely risk shattering the bit.

Latest posts

Back