Nice find

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree If you find something of value keep your mouth shut and enjoy.
There is always a way to turn it into cash.
And I mean tell no one, that person you think is your friend
may be the one that sticks the knife in your back.

We as a forum can not endorse nor recommend any members to knowingly break rules.
Even if it means we get less out of it.
What we can recommend is to take your time and study the rules closely and thoroughly.
If you need to hand in any finds, make sure you get it properly documented and receipts properly signed by the correct authorities.

maybe this forum should be renamed the "fingerprint erasing forum"???
If someone is refining placer Gold they do indeed erase that Golds "fingerprints" by altering the composition of contaminants.
So in this respect we can indeed be called that.
But that goes only for raw Gold from the nature.

In the article 2 things struck me, first 5 bars worth 2.5 million and second the gold having a “fingerprint”. Natural gold indeed has a fingerprint and this was true of the ancient naive gold which was called electrum. 5 bars totaling 2.5 million dollars today means every bar was close to 200 oz. I don’t know of any refiners casting 200 ounce bars today. Maybe these bars are ancient electrum and would be traceable to a region.

The gold probably now rests securely in government hands either as natural electrum or having been refined to remove any evidence of origin. Either way the guy who found it is SOL.

Is it worth the money? I've made far more money being up-front, fair and legal. Finding extraordinary valuable things will reap rewards-maybe not as many dollars at first , but when you announce it, follow expected societal norms and laws, things seem to fall your way more. Best of all, you can sleep at night and keep the respect of your fellow man. And yes, easier said than done.

“Gold has a fingerprint. They know where it’s been mined."
That's not true...
Sounds like something the police told him to discourage him from trying to hide/sell a 6th or 7th bar if he found any more. "We will know you did it"-sort of thing.

In the article 2 things struck me, first 5 bars worth 2.5 million and second the gold having a “fingerprint”. Natural gold indeed has a fingerprint and this was true of the ancient naive gold which was called electrum. 5 bars totaling 2.5 million dollars today means every bar was close to 200 oz. I don’t know of any refiners casting 200 ounce bars today. Maybe these bars are ancient electrum and would be traceable to a region.

The gold probably now rests securely in government hands either as natural electrum or having been refined to remove any evidence of origin. Either way the guy who found it is SOL.
Pretty sure it's refined gold. Doubt the Kuwaiti government would house electrum bars. They aren't very usable as a commodity. Surely these are fine gold bars.

Latest posts

Back