Nitric acid supplier refiningchemicals.com

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kadriver

I used refiningchemicals.com to purchase 5 gallons of tech grade 68% to 70%nitric acid.

I found their number on the internet and placed the order by phone as their web page wanted me to sigh-up for a google account - I did not want a google account.

I spoke with Sandy at 816 561-5377.

He took my order by phone. I had to provide a business address as they will not deliver to a residence.

The acid arrived in about 4 days via UPS.

It came in a large black plastic 5 gallon container. If you order this be prepared to handle a large container that weighs about 50 lbs.

I used a 1/4 inch drill bit to drill a hole in the vent connection (the vent connection is sealed with about 1/4 inch of solid plastic) being carefull not to get plastic chips in my acid.

I then carefully (in full protective wear) poured out about 1 liter into an old nitric acid container through the drilled out vent connection.

As the acid is used it will become easier to handle.

The amount charged on my credit card was $213.61

For a guy like me (small refiner with less than 10 troy ounces gold and about 60 troy ounces of silver per month) this is the cheapest acid I have found.

I will not need to reorder this acid for about 7 to 9 months.

I remember hunting for nitric acid when I first started refining last year - it was not easy to find. I think I paid about $100 for 1 liter from "The Science Company". But I was so glad to get the acid I did not care.

I hope this post will be helpful to some.

kadriver

That Sandy is smart guy 8)

Though I haven't been to the site yet -

www.RefiningChemicals.com is the same as www.terracepackaging.com .
Terrace Packaging & Chemical,
2819 Southwest Blvd
Kansas City, MO 64108
Phone or fax: 816-561-5377

I have bought chemical from Sandy before - it was a pleasant experience. His prices are reasonable - he is primarily a repackager - buying product in bulk & then repackaging in smaller lot sizes - though they do produce Imperial Cleaner & Spot Remover on site.

I wouldn't stress about the google account thing - he probably gets paid by Google for click throughs or whatever they're called. It is also a way to monitor traffic on your site, I would imagine. Since I'm a complete moron concerning anything cyber, the guys who are up on this can clarify/correct as they desire.

I'm glad thats working for you - they are a reputable, established, (I believe "family owned", too, but I don't know that for sure) Kansas City original.

And like I said, sandy's a genius!
dtectr

You can tell I like this guy already - but this really helps -
(From his homepage, before you get to the online store)

"Notice

"Turning trash to treasure takes time, study, and deligent safety precautions. If you are not willing to commit this, please do not purchase chemicals from us.

"Handling strong acids and chemicals is dangerous. Never refine metal scrap without wearing a face shield, a pair of gloves, and a pair of goggles. Follow the instructions with extreme care."

8)

dtectr,

Have you met Sandy yet? I think I was the first on the forum to find him. I must have called 20 other places before I found him. I went to his place, bought some nitric, spent some time with him, and really liked the guy. I asked him if he was interested in selling to refining hobbyists and he said absolutely. I then outlined the problems of needs, availability, and pricing. With his attitude, I knew we had a winner and that's when I posted his info on the forum. I hope he does well.

Has anyone purchased from him recently? I finally decided to take the plunge and buy some nitric. I went to his business today and he refused to sell to me. He said he will only deal with businesses. I mentioned that I found him through GRF and he said he has gotten out of the business of selling to "hobbyists" because he was concerned that some people were not taking the proper safety precautions when using nitric. I understand his position.

He did call me back later and gave me the name of a science hobby business in the Kansas City area that buys nitric from him. I will give them a try next time I'm in the area.

Birdflu78

UPDATE: I was able to buy the nitric from a customer of Terrace Packaging, Brookside Toy & Science in Kansas City, MO. Jim is the contact there. He sold me 2.5L glass bottle for $49. He's very pleasant to deal with and it was a smooth transaction. It's a pretty cool store for other things too... like if you're interested in buying a stuffed two-headed squirrel or duck. :p

Latest posts

Back