nitric acid

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rsbubba3

hello all have a question will osmocote smart release containing 10%ammoniacal nitrogen 9.0% nitrate nitrogen 6%p2o5 phosphate work for makeing my nitric acid thanks for any help in advance bob

It might make extremely weak nitric acid or NO2 gas.
To learn how to test to see if it'll work look up "nurd rage" on you tube and go to their video on how to test fertilizer
for nitrates. After that if your test shows a sufficient quantity of nitrates go to their other video on how to make nitric acid.
I don't like their set up because it loses a lot of NO2 gas in the process. I prefer to capture the brown NO2 gas which is heavier than air in 1 gallon (glass) apple cider jugs with a little water in the bottom which I then shake in order to mix the gas with the water and make nitric acid .

Nurd Rage's method is to mix your nitrate with hydrochloric (meuratic) acid then add copper to the solution in order to make NO gas which reacts with air to make NO2 gas which reacts with water or hydrogen peroxide to make nitric acid.

Latest posts

Back