nitric in FL

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a Univar in Tampa, but I doubt if you could buy less than a 15 gallon carboy (least expensive by far, though). One of their salesman might tell you where you can buy 2.5 liter lab grade (most expensive) or a lab supply that re-packages technical grade chemicals (cheaper but still expensive) into smaller quantities. Also, call around to companies listed under lab supplies.
http://www.univarusa.com/vwr-inc/facilities.nsf/cc6a7e5dabe2c72988256a93007ae39d/dc5b607bdceec0ba8825741a0061d350!OpenDocument

Although much more expensive, the 2.5 liter and 1 gallon sizes are safer to use. With larger amounts, you would have to transfer some to a smaller container when you need it. This can be quite dangerous if you don't know what you're doing.

talk to a farmer or a machine shop or green house. I say this when chemicals ?'s come up.

Or call the chemical supply house and ask

Eric

Guys,

Thanks for the replies. I found some for now.

Steve: I'm in St. Petersburg. I'll be hitting you up for some supplies next week. Getting ready to work this silver and do some re-refining on my gold powder. Inquarting looks like fun :mrgreen:

jr81452 said:
Guys,

Thanks for the replies. I found some for now.

Steve: I'm in St. Petersburg. I'll be hitting you up for some supplies next week. Getting ready to work this silver and do some re-refining on my gold powder. Inquarting looks like fun :mrgreen:

Did you find someone local and at what cost? I just ordered the VERY expensive 2.5L bottle but would like to find cheaper and closer supplier.

Thanks,
Dan

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/LABCHEM-CHEMICAL-NITRIC-ACID-CONCENTRATED-8WCK3?Pid=search

i believe they are nation wide.

Thanks, that's close to what I paid plus the hazmat charge for shipping. We have a Graingers here in Daytona, but it didn't show them as having it in stock. I guess I should call them. I just ordered beakers and stir rods from them this past week.

I'd like to find someone local who buys it in quantity and would refill my bottle for a decent price when I'm ready.

dan

Latest posts

Back