No Idea what i'm looking at?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamaicanyute

This stuff in the picture below is what I have after an AR of some gold filled un marked jewelry. Anyone ever seen this before ? I melted some and its off at the lab to determine exactly what it is. I will post XRF results probably on tuesday, when i get it back. But any opinions would be great. Thanks.

Ryan

Attachments

• Photo-0141.jpg
    Photo-0141.jpg
    83 KB
I by no means have the kind of experience that Steve has (happy birthday again Steve) but I would agree with Steve, I had to deal with this as a surprise in some material I dissolved in AR fairly recently.

Scott

When silver is present in the source material this is fairly normal when dissolving scrap without removing the base metals first with dilute nitric acid.

The silver is not as valuable as the gold, but if you remove it with nitric acid before going for the gold, you'll not only get a little bonus in the form of silver, but your solutions will be easier to filter clear and your gold will be more likely to be free of silver on the first refining.

Steve

Thanks guys for your responses, BIG UP to Steve on your Earthstrong ( birthday ). I thought it was something like that, some form of base metal. Keg of nitric will land next week, i have so much of this stuff just sitting in a kool aid jug, from the looks of it would you think there might be gold in it, maybe trapped or brought down along with the base metals.

Latest posts

Back